Internet Explorer 7 is apparently "out"

dbminter

The way I see it, it's not going to matter. You're going to HAVE to install it at one point because Big Brother Bill wants you to and will make sure something happens to make you.

Oh, and, how convenient, that Microsoft's little every 2 weeks e-mail thing just happens to come out and just happens to state, out of the gate, that IE 7 is out. ;)

I am glad IE 7 is out. I run an ajax comment system on two of my sites that will only function with FF or the IE7 browser.

It has something to do with the way the browser handles XMLHttpRequest. Opera will not work nor will IE 6, FF has never had problems, the IE 7 Beta worked so I was glad when they updated to the final release.

Internet Explorer 7 is apparently "out"

You know there was always something that made me think it was gay, I just never thought it would come out of the closet so soon. :D

I'm sticking to Opera, best by far. :)

I recently downloaded Opera, I used it years ago when it was version 6 or 7

I am more impressed with the recent build, however it does not handle ajax well.

Ajax?

bcpm2166sn4.jpg

I think you should do youre own cleaning, never mind asking your web browser to do it!! =))=))=))=))=))

After installing IE 7 (Might as well install it, learn it, figure out the bugs that can't be fixed, iron out the ones that can, BEFORE I am forced to have it installed.) something appeared in the System Tray. Some folder icons with Options and Restore. After selecting one, I forget, it just disappeared. Never to return. So, anyone know what this should have been? :lol:

OK I upgraded to IE7, now the internet connection times out after a couple minutes unuse and I get the 'Working offline" thingy when I try to come back to wherever I was on the net. I tell it to retry and it reconnects like nothing happened. I dropped down the tools and work offline is not ticked...I have a cable modem and it's always on... Any ideas? :'(

OK I upgraded to IE7, now the internet connection times out after a couple minutes unuse and I get the 'Working offline" thingy when I try to come back to wherever I was on the net. I tell it to retry and it reconnects like nothing happened. I dropped down the tools and work offline is not ticked...I have a cable modem and it's always on... Any ideas? :'(

Yes... this seems to happen randomly across the system and more often than I am comfortable with. With no apparent reason. I get the same thing a lot with Firefox and other browsers, along with Eudora. My guess is it's related to how high speed connections, e.g. always on, work. They go up and down all the time, and then reconnect themselves. In fact, you're urged by tech support to not turn off the cable modem... however, more often than not, it's the only way to get a real reconnection when they disconnect you. :lol: Anyway, my guess is that during these brief outages, the software in question detects it and goes into Offline mode.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.