How Necessary is Verifying?

vision6800

vision, No its not neccessary to verify after you burn, and it doesn't effect the outcome of the burn itself, but to myself its rather important to have that verify stage always on as it is what makes sure what you have burn't to disc matches exactly what the source of the burn was. If you want to just burn an image without verfying just uncheck verify. The only risk here is you won't know about a problem on the burn't disc until you go to use it and it messes up. :)

You'd be surprised at how many people can have successful burns and then failures during the verify stage.

Drives just aren't very good at reporting write errors on dodgy discs whereby they then fail verify miserably and PIPO scans looks more like rainbows that grass (green = good, orange/red = bad !)

I'm not surpised at all. =))

I always Verify. Because, you never know when that one burn will burn but fail to verify. And, you'll be glad you had it done when it does. However, by the same token, I've seen burns that burn and verify and still failed for whatever reason. For instance, a burn can complete and be just fine, but, if the contents weren't created right for whatever reason, the disc may not be "good."

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped verifying when my burns from external HDD to internal burner started to fail at the verify stage. Once in a while I will burn from 'C' drive and verify just to make sure all looks well, but they all play fine on my stand alones and pc without the verify step.... ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.