Can I eliminate copying previews when copying a DVD?

mincam2

If this has been asked many times, I'm sorry to repeat, and please point me to the answer.

I used to be able to pick what chapters I wanted to make an iso copy from a DVD, and I would skip all the warnings and previews. I just used ImgBurn for the first time to make an iso from a DVD, and it worked OK, but I got the entire DVD and was not able to edit anything out as i would have liked. Is that possible, and if so please tell me how or link me to the proper instructions.

Thanks.

This is not possible with ImgBurn.  ImgBurn just makes copies of discs and burns those images.  If you want to select contents to remove, you'll need either DVDShrink, depending on what you want to remove and where, something like DVDReMake, or some kind of reauthoring software, like ConvertXToDVD, to choose the contents you want to pull from a DVD.  Those are the only software options I have direct experience with that can do what you describe.

ImgBurn has nothing directly to do with Virtual CloneDrive.  However, many use VCD, like myself, in conjunction with ImgBurn, to load and test images it makes.

I believe you must have used CloneDVD instead, made by the same people who make VCD.  Virtual CloneDrive does not make copies of DVD's, movie discs or otherwise.  You cannot use it to select just chapters out of movie DVD's.  VCD just mounts images as virtual drives.  CloneDVD does allow copying of DVD movies, which would be more along the lines of what you talked about.  Though I don't use the software, I believe CloneDVD does allow you to skip to the main menu on DVD's, which you talked about.  So, I believe you were using CloneDVD instead of VCD.

I don't see why VCD wouldn't be available to you, anymore.  It's still freely available from Elby's website, as far as I know.  Plus, VCD is free software.  CloneDVD, though, does require you purchase a license.

Thank you, thank you. I'm the guy they write the "Dummies" books for. And they're too advanced!

The program I used had the cow chewing while it copied the DVD. You got it all figured out. Maybe I can take it from there.

I gotta get that cow back somehow. I think I lost her when VCD told me it could not open one of my iso files and I then re-downloaded it and it worked fine then. But then when I wanted to copy a DVD with the cow, she was gone - out to pasture, I guess.

Yeah, what you're describing more and more indicates CloneDVD to me.  The cow you're thinking of, I think, is a sheep.  I believe Elby uses a sheep, maybe it's a lamb, as its mascot.  And I believe Elby Software makes both CloneDVD and Virtual CloneDrive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.