"Shutdown Computer" Bug

illini4life

The last half-dozen times I've set imgburn to "shutdown computer" upon completion, in my case go into standby mode, there is an error. I come back and imgburn tells me the disc is blank but needs formatting. I have "delete image" selected, so every time I've had to recreate the .iso file. This feature used to work without any problems. I have not changed anything recently on my machine or OS.

What is the error ?

Maybe think about unticking delete image for the time being.

Also think about checking power options in control panel and also looking at the bios in case you altered something in there.

Look to see if you ticked hibernation in power management or changed how it shuts down when power button is pressed etc and if you have got it set up to ask for pass on resume.

Have you changed from a PS2 keybd/mouse to Usb keybd/mouse recently ?

What is the error ?

Maybe think about unticking delete image for the time being.

Also think about checking power options in control panel and also looking at the bios in case you altered something in there.

Look to see if you ticked hibernation in power management or changed how it shuts down when power button is pressed etc and if you have got it set up to ask for pass on resume.

Have you changed from a PS2 keybd/mouse to Usb keybd/mouse recently ?

The error is not that it shuts down instead of going into standby mode. If I had it set to standby/shut down when done, when I would come back the ISO would be gone as if it burned successfully but the disc comes up as 'blank but needs formatting' [paraphrased] in imgBurn.

I now have had a new issue with this. I unchecked shut down/standby and just locked my computer while I was gone and it was burning, and when I returned, the same error had happened again.

I guess I'll just have to uncheck 'delete image' for now.

I haven't changed my keyboard or mouse configuration; I'm still using the keyboard and touchpad built into my laptop.

The power management and BIOS look OK.

Ok so do you have a log of it actually doing the burn bit? By default it autosaves them now, just click Help -> ImgBurn Logs.

I can't imagine why it would say the disc needs formatting if it's just burnt to it - and it only says anything about formatting on brand new DVD+RW discs. If you're still seeing that after a burn, your drive is lying or not burning properly - neither of which I have any control over.

In theory it shouldn't be possible to tick the delete option if test mode is enabled.

There *might* be an issue if you do it via the CLI stuff though, I've not traced the code thoroughly enough to say either way.

EDIT: Ok, no I really don't think it's possible at all!

Which means the burn (+ any verify?) must be going ok. It then does as it's told and deletes the image.

If you're not verifying your burns, now would be a good time to start!

just checking, never use that mode, rules that out then :D

Is it just with RW discs or maybe just the one you have tried, as I have had a few RW that do not behave and tell me that i need to format / erase, when i know fine well it had been prepared etc, I had to bin them and use another one.

Edited by dontasciime

just checking, never use that mode, rules that out then :D

Is it just with RW discs or maybe just the one you have tried, as I have had a few RW that do not behave and tell me that i need to format / erase, when i know fine well it had been prepared etc, I had to bin them and use another one.

The funny thing is that it is doing this with -R discs, so they definitely don't need formatting. I'll try searching through my logs and see if I can find one for one of these cases. I'll be 100% sure to post a log here if it happens again.

Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.