Install Malware Warning.

flybynite

I have installed ImgBurn on a Dell laptop running McAfees software sweet with no warning. But when I tried to install it on a desktop running a version of Symantic anti virus form my ISP I get a Malware Warning Win32.Trojandownloader.Zlob message. So just what is the story here is there or is there not a trojon in the program?

I suspect your AV prog is just giving you a false positive on something in the NSIS installer. They're always having that problem the poor guys!

Do you ever update your AV? My Symantec program complained about the NSIS installer a few months back but then they fixed their defintions and the problem went away.

If you download it from http://www.imgburn.com/ you will be virus free.

where did you download it from?

there are no virii in the ones on the official sites

Yes I downloaded it from a official site and yes I do update my definitions daily. I am very careful about my security I have one PC that I only use for business and another that I surf with.

I think I have some bad CD's because I keep getting bad format errors when I try to burn a Lenox ISO disk. I was trying to see if I had better luck with a different machine when I discovered the Anti Virus warning message. I did see that older versions had the false positive messages so I was just checking to see if it was a possible problem with the latest version.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.