create iso from bootable uefi usb

scorched

But, that doesn't make an ISO of the USB stick, though, does it?  It just creates a bootable ISO of the installation media you can burn to an optical disc, right?

I never had, well, any luck creating bootable discs with ImgBurn's Build options.  But, I was trying to recreate WinPE rescue media from Macrium Reflect, so I had no idea what necessary settings were required or if any files were needed beyond the boot sector ones.

Well, that depends on what you actually want/need/mean.

I'm assuming they just want a bootable DVD or whatever, based on what they've already got on a USB stick. After all, an ISO is pretty much defined an optical disc image file.

If they want to 'copy' their USB stick to another USB stick, ImgBurn is not the tool for the job. It's for optical devices.

Some clarity here on what's actually required would help :)

You're right.  I just inferred the OP wanted to make an ISO of a bootable USB stick.  However, the contents from the stick could be used to make a bootable recovery disc.  I thought ImgBurn couldn't make an ISO of the stick, but I never thought about using its contents to Build an ISO until you pointed that out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.