Burning to Traxdata DVD failed

Blueie

Hello

I would be grateful on what I am doing wrong, please, before I waste anymore blank DVDs (Traxdata 8x). 

I have an MP4 movie which plays fine on my PC, but fails right at the end (97% complete) when burning the VIDEO_TS folder to a blank DVD.

This is the error I get:

IMG_error.jpg

I am also attaching the log file.

Thanks for any help.

ImgBurn.log

This is probably your problem:

I 22:51:15 Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-W21-01)

Since this seems to be the first write operation you've performed to this DVD+RW after formatting it, you've no experience with these media before?  What's most likely the problem is your LG, and I think it's an LG burner, doesn't like those particular brand of Ricoh/Ritek DVD+RW.

My LG had no problem with writing to 8x Ritek DVD+RW (It would Verify some discs that were obviously corrupt enough they wouldn't play properly, but that's another story.) but I don't know about your drive/media combination.

Where I'd go from here is try some Verbatim DataLife Plus DVD+RW.  I doubt Traxdata is of very high quality, as Ritek/Ricoh is a 2nd tier optical disc manufacturer.  Don't get Life Series Verbatim.  DataLife Plus Verbatim media can only be found online.  I only use my Ritek DVD+RW because they're the only ones who made 8x DVD+RW, and now no one does.  :(

Thanks.

I have a number of Verbatim DVD+RW disks (4x speed vitesse) which have Windows recovery files on them.

I am happy to clear all data on these disks if you think they would be up to the job.

Thanks

Yeah, go ahead and see if that helps.  Plus, you can always image the discs with Windows recovery files on them first.  Then, you could burn the contents back after testing to "restore" them.

Going back over your log again, it seems you did get a good burn on that Traxdata disc.  So, I'm wondering if you just had a fluke and got a good burn that one time. 

A few tests to Verbatim should bear more info from their results.

You may want to try more than 1 burn and make sure you get consistent results.  It seems you got 1 good burn on the Traxdata and then none.  So, maybe you just got 1 good Verbatim burn, but may not get other good burns.  It's worth doing the test a few times to make sure you get good results each time.

Unfortunately, even the "best" can use the worst.  Verbatim generally makes the best media, but even they will farm out to CMC Magnetics, the worst manufacturer of optical disc media out there.  Verbatim Life Series CD and DVD media you find in stores will be CMC.  And Verbatim BD-RE SL are CMC.  But, the DataLife Plus CD-R, DVD-R, and DVD+R DL are Mitsubishi, the best you can get out there.  And Verbatim BD-RE DL are good quality.  And their BD-R, even though they're not labeled as DataLife Plus, are the gold standard of BD.

Yeah no, not so much. Sony is B-grade. Phillips, C-grade at best. The good stuff is the verbatim datalife plus series you get online, not the life-series you find in brick and mortar stores.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Yes, they're pretty much bad, too.  I've only ever had 2 Phillips CD-R's, but they were CMC, which is junk.  Sony has made little but junk since 2002.  My first BD-RE was a Sony, and it died before it reached 5 writes.

Thanks to you both.

I will take a look at the Verbatim site.

I notice that while Verbatim DataLife + CDs are recommended for burning audio (MP3) files, there seems to be no equivalent for burning movie/video files (movie downloads, footage from a camcorder), such as Verbatim DataLife + DVDs.

What would that be, please?

Thanks again for your time.

They're all over the place on Amazon.com.  Don't know where you live.  In fact, you'll only find DataLife Plus media online.  However, on Amazon.com, most of what I found are printable surface labels.  I use those, so that's what I get.  If you don't print labels, you may not want those.  If you want branded media surfaces, you'll need to look for Verbatim DVD+/-R with AZO dye.  I don't know if you can find those in stores, but I know you can get them online.  Here's mine:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00081A2KY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.