Windows Media Player 11 Final Is Like, OUT!

SPA_CE

There's an improved, GUI'd version out. Unfortunately, one has to have .Net 2.0 installed to use it.

My programmer brother has warned me about .Net. Since I rarely buy music on line (only the odd single I can't find anywhere else without buying a CD full of crapola filler I don't wanna hear).

Apple's FairPlay2 is enough of a pain in the ass. Fortunately, there's a way julli-banneds.gifjulli-banneds.gifjulli-banneds.gif

There certainly is. :)

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35315

People using music subcription services might be interested in this as a protection against the service being cancelled, company going bankrupt, etc.

Check this out.

Decided to try Yahoo's version of their jukebox since Windows need a restore anyway.

There is something very interesting in the license terms of use. We always expected it, but, at least, they're open about it:

"Yahoo! Music Jukebox will collect certain information about your usage of the Music Jukebox, and will transmit such information back to Yahoo!" Not unless I block the fucker in the firewall! (I wish they'd make firewalls where you can grant an application permission to receive, but, not send. None that I am aware of have this. If they do, inform me.)

Doublespeak details here:

http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/music/details.html

Shamus:

Where do you get these gnarley images for your "avatars"?

Nowhere in particular really. I spend a bit of time looking around the heavy metal sites and sometimes see something I like. The one I have ATM is something I used to use a few years ago until it corrrupted. LFC found it again for me the other day. (Thanks LFC!) :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.