burn 2 ISO files into one dual layer DVD disc

Marcus R

i have an ISO image generator program for SACD that creates 2 image files ISO if I exceed the maximum size of a layer of a DVD.
i have burn the first file ISO (of the first layer) with imgburn in a 8.5 gb disc.
but when i try to burn the second file ISO (of the second layer), the program tell me that it is necessary an empty disc.
is there any setting to burn with imgburn one layer at a time?
or is there some program utility to join the 2 files ISO into one files ISO?
thanks, Marcus

Um, I don't know what's going on here but any program worth its salt will NOT generate two separate ISO's, one for each layer, for a double layer target image.

What are the sizes of these two ISO files?  Maybe the first ISO is already a double layer disc and the 2nd ISO was generated for a 2nd disc because it exceeded a DVD+-R DL.  In that case, the ISO would need to be burned to a BD disc.  But, the program should still have created only 1 ISO.

I just don't see why this program couldn't just create 1 ISO with both layers on it.

Anyway, you can't burn more than 1 image to an disc.  Your best bet is to use ImgBurn's Build mode and merge the contents from the two ISO's into a new image it builds.  Open each ISO in File Explorer and copy the contents to a temporary folder from each ISO.  Then, add those files in Build mode.

Unless you need something specific like a bootable disc.  Then, you're better off injecting the files into one of the ISO's with something like UltraISO.

the program is: 'Super Author' 3.0.3 philips proTECH (we are talking about SACD musical disks)

i have searched option to obtain a single file but i have not success.

The dimensions of two file are: 4 gb + 3.97 gb

anyway thanks for your counsils, i will try to merge the contents from the two ISO's into a new image.

i have tried with 'ultraiso' but opening the ISO files i don't see nothing.

What are SACD musical discs?  They can't be audio CD's.  Audio CD is capped at less than 1 GB total size.  So, they could be DVD-Audio discs.  7.97 GB would fit on a DVD+-R DL.

You're better off not merging the contents from the ISO's in this case.  You're better off inserting the original source SACD and copying the contents from it.  Inferring they're not CD's, which they can't be.  Not at 7.97 GB.  If they are audio CD's, then something else is up because no audio CD can be 1 GB or greater.  Since I don't know what SACD's are, I don't know if they're proprietary.  If they're not actual audio CD's, then you can copy the contents.  If they are audio CD's 1.) you can't copy the contents in Build mode and 2.) something is wrong because CD's can't be 1 GB.

Actually, you may be better off in this case inserting the SACD disc that Super Author made 2 ISO's out of and using ImgBurn's Read mode to read to a single double layer ISO file.  Then use ImgBurn to burn that.  You'd have a better likelihood of success and getting an exact copy doing that, probably.

Ah, never heard of them.

So, they're not standard CD's.  They do, however, appear to be DVD's, as I wondered.  That page says they're in DVD-5 and DVD-9 formats, which is single layer and dual layer DVD's.  Do you  need a proprietary player for them?  If so, even if you did copy them to DVD+-R DL, there's no guarantee they'll play on your player.  Your player would have to support reading recordable DVD discs.

yes i have a proprietary SACD player.

starting with flac file 24-88, 24-96, 24-192 i can create (with xrecode 3,  'super author' and burn with imgburn) SACD till 4.7 gb.

i have the problem if i excess the 4.7 gb

in internet we can find and download SACD in a single iso file till 8.5 gb and burn it with imgburn. probably they use other programs to create 8.5 gb iso

so seems that i I will have to create two 4.7 gb disks instead of one 8.5.

Edited by Marcus R

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.