About Mismatch in Writing Speed

PraMtpli

If there is a mismatch in writing speed then can it cause some data on disc to fail (if there is a particular file at that time being written to the disc,then the file be written with errors)?

And what if there are more than one mismatch (in my recent disc, 9) at different time on same disc, may be caused by emptying buffer at different points, the data on that time being copied will be with error?

Thanks

No, it won't cause any errors... unless of course your drive opts to use a speed that it's not good at burning at.

So, your drive may support 4x and 16x on some discs. You pick 8x (which isn't an option) and the drive then decides it'll use 16x (rather than 4x).

If 16x produces low quality burns, you should set the speed to 4x instead and hope that's better.

If your buffer keeps emptying out, you have an issue somewhere. What can't keep up with the burner? It must be the source drive or the interface (if USB 1 or 2 etc).

Thanks for elaborate Reply.

I have another query:

Do the I/O errors which comes up frequently when verifying the disc indicates that the disc is not burned correctly?

How to overcome this?

And related to this, I found OPC option but some suggest that it should be enabled and some say that it should be disabled, what should be selected for optimum performance?

Thanks

Most likely, I/O errors mean either the disc was burned incorrectly or burned correctly and your drive is reporting it can't read it for whatever reason.

As for what you can do, first we'd need to see a log of a burn where the verify fails.  Under Help, choose ImgBurn Logs to access the log of a failed burn.  Post the log of that write and verify where it fails.  It will tell us what we need to know, like if you're using cheap discs, the most common cause of bad burns, or whatever else may be the cause.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.