Determine if ISO will fit on DVD+R?

Sizzlechest

Is there an algorithm I can use to determine if the contents of an ISO file will fit on a DVD+R? Checking the overall file size would be easy, but I do worry about edge cases where it's borderline. Are there any existing utilities that do this from the command line?

Edited by Sizzlechest

Also, why not just load the ISO in ImgBurn?  It should surely tell you if the ISO won't fit the DVD+R you have inserted into your drive.  It should either deny it or ask if you want to overburn it, which would tell you it won't fit on the DVD+R at its current size without overburn.  So, it's, at least, slightly larger than the DVD+R size.

Also, why not just load the ISO in ImgBurn?  It should surely tell you if the ISO won't fit the DVD+R you have inserted into your drive.  It should either deny it or ask if you want to overburn it, which would tell you it won't fit on the DVD+R at its current size without overburn.  So, it's, at least, slightly larger than the DVD+R size.

Because I am scripting a dvd robot handler and I want to check the iso so I can load the correct disc (DVD-R vs DVD+R DL) into the burner.

Edited by Sizzlechest

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.