Consistant varification errors at 50%

redsierra

If you're doing DL at all then you want to make sure Shrink doesn't make an ISO image as it doesn't do it properly (DL weren't really around when it was designed).

Hello Lightning. I hope that you arent losing your patience with me yet. So how would I use Shrink and NOT create an ISO. I looked at it and can't see how. Your and the other members expert help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

If you're doing DL at all then you want to make sure Shrink doesn't make an ISO image as it doesn't do it properly (DL weren't really around when it was designed).

I hear you that DL were not around when Shrink came out (I assume that they just came out hence the choice in Shrink to pick a DL disc size), but why is the ISO image not a good one?

@redsierra

Sorry we are being a bit obtuse, but we can't help with the backup process, only with the burn.

Let's assume that somehow you got a set of files, data or video, layerbreak or not, it doesn't matter. To burn them, just follow the guide about build mode.

Regards

@redsierra

Sorry we are being a bit obtuse, but we can't help with the backup process, only with the burn.

Let's assume that somehow you got a set of files, data or video, layerbreak or not, it doesn't matter. To burn them, just follow the guide about build mode.

Regards

Understood. Actually you guys have been great! I tried a backup that I had failed on before using Shrink and going to HD leaving the break in, and then using Imgburn. SUCCESS!

Secondly, I emailed Memorex about my 10 consecutive bad burns, a few days went by with no response, suddenly a UPS appeared with 10 new DL DVDs! Might be shit media, but pretty good customer service! I was astounded. I really didnt expect that they would do anything.

Later

That sounds like a good price - buy as many as you can afford :)

Well I didnt want to go too crazy, but I bought 100 discs(5 pkgs).

Well, I think that I am almost out of the woods. For my DL to DL I am using Shrink saving the backup to HD and then using Imgburn. BUT, one of my DVD players has a real hard time reading the disc. Sometimes it is slow reading it and sometimes it just won't. Yet two of my others do read it fine. Likewise one of my computers says"Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD becuase a comptaible decoder is not installed on your computer".

What's up?

Could be that one drive just doesn't like the media, it happens, just make sure that drives firmware is up to date and that's all you can do.

Oh, and don't use WMA to play DVD's, it's usless, use Media Player Classic, or power DVD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.