Last session incoplete. Is there a way to complete a disk in a new session?

ncojam

Hello. I am trying to burn a double layer Verbatium DVD on external DEXP usb driver. It seems like the wires have like weak connection and if you move them slightly, driver stops working. But if you keep them untouched, it works OK. But today I got my driver randomly stopped working at 80% of burning. Is there away to continue burning and complete disc in a new session or my disc is completely screwed up?

Well you can close the session with something like Nero, but you can't continue the burn in a new session where you left off. Imgburn can't do that at all (close session afaik). What you have is a coaster

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

What if I didn't aborted the process of first session? Error windows says "I/O Error [...] Reason: device is not connected". I reconnected the device, clicking Retry, but it's doesn't continue burning and just shows this error window again. I guess that's it and it won't be able to continue this session?

UPD: All right, another coaster in my collection. I found out that my problem is "The semaphore timeout period has expired", which can be caused by weak cables, like in my case, and to prevent this issue you should ensure nothing run along the burning process. Sad that you can't continue burning in a new session, it would have save so much nerves and discs. Anyway, thank you for the respond, I will try another disc and hope it won't get any errors this time.

Edited by ncojam

Just because you didn't abort yourself means nothing. The drive had a write error, disconnected... So the write phase was terminated the hard way, not a damn thing you can do to fix that write and continue where it failed. Not even with a rewriteable disc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.