Batch convert multiple video-DVD's to ISO with same name

imwul

Say I have a folder on my HDD like X:\Movies
It contains a number of video-DVDs (DVD5-DVD9 format - with VIDEO_TS sub folders)

I would like to convert those to .iso files having the same name as DVD-folder, but then stored elsewhere on the HDD.
So, input is like:
X:\Movies\Name of Movie1
X:\Movies\Name of other movie
X:\Movies\Name of another movie
X:\Movies\Name of Movie2
etc.

This to be converted to:
X:\Output\Name of Movie1.iso
X:\Output\Name of other movie.iso
etc.

Probably this should be done with batch/script ? But I don't know how to do that?

Really appreciate help.

Thanks.

Put this code in a bach file, copy it to your X:\Movies folder and then try running it.

Adjust the /DEST bit according to where the output folder is - I set it to "X:\Movies"

@for /d %%i in (*.*) do "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDINPUTMODE STANDARD /BUILDOUTPUTMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%%i\" /DEST "X:\Output\%%i.iso" /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /UDFREVISION "1.02" /VOLUMELABEL "%%i" /PRESERVEFULLPATHNAMES NO /ROOTFOLDER YES /NOIMAGEDETAILS /START /CLOSESUCCESS

I gave it a try, it worked for the 1st DVD in the list. When ImgBurn prepared the 2nd one, it showed "Waiting for you to select layer break position..."
That DVD is 5.08GB.
When ignoring, there is a warning "The image it creates will NOT be suitable for burning onto double layer media."
In this setup it won't be necessary: 99% sure I will never actually burn the .iso to DVD - I play it from HDD.
Is there an optional parameter that 'ignores' (suppresses) this warning? So I can run this batch unattended.

It looks fine so far!
Thanks.

p.s. it just finished, it is fine, except this warning, I had to click 'ignore' 3x

Edited by imwul

When in Build mode, click the 'Advanced' tab and then the 'Media' one.

Set the single layer profile to 'Custom' and then enter something larger for 'Maximum Sectors' - something like 4173824 would do the trick (the size of a DVD+R DL disc).

Just don't forget to set it back to DVD-R or DVD+R before you build an image you actually want to burn to disc.

Thank you again!

Truly appreciated. Conversion went fine indeed and fast... Noticed the iso output size is almost identical to the DVD folder size, so I assume that the conversion is almost lossless?
Probably that is true, but I almost can't believe it, considering the speed of conversion...:thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.