Some Disc Not To Burn

Mike098

Dear sir,

I am very glad with ImgBurn, but some discs I can not burn with ImgBurn. These are DVD-RW and DVD-R DL. With DVD-RW I can format the disc, but ImgBurn hangs while "Synchronising Cache" at 99%. With DVD-R DL I get an error: "I/O Error!" and I can not proceed, because it is retrying constantly. I burn CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R, BD-R, BD-RE and BD-RE TL 100 GB perfectly without any problem or error, except that with the Blu-ray discs sometimes, but not often I get a "Waiting for buffers to recover" error. Do you recognise these statements and which other discs (not mentioned here) are not able to be burned with ImgBurn, so that I will not buy these for nothing (I can not find the burnable discs on your website). Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, Mike098.

DVD-R DL.jpg

DVD-RW.jpg

How long did you wait at the Synchronizing cache?  I've seen it take up to 15 minutes sometimes on DL media, but your screen capture shows SL media.  In your burn, you're burning a smaller size image file, it seems, so there may be a longer Synchronizing cache wait there.  I don't know.

Those discs from the first screen capture say they're MKM, so they appear to be the good stuff, although I don't recognize that particular DID string; so it doesn't appear to be cheap media you're using. 

Try seeing if there's a new firmware update for your drive.  In Write mode, right click on the destination drive letter (Your burner's drive letter.) and choose the check for firmware update option, which, I think, is the very last one at the end of the list.

Also, post the log of these failures.  They help more than screen captures.  Under Help, choose ImgBurn Logs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.