Adding track names to CD

carlmart

Depends on how you're burning the CD.  If you just use Read mode to read in a CD and then Write mode to burn the image of the disc you just read, you can't add track names as far as I know.  The only way I know is to Create a CUE file and burn your own CD from MP3/etc. tracks.  That way you can add the metadata, either imported from the track files or you can manually add it.

I am burning from files on my HDD. The files are wav and there's a cue file.

But I just burnt a CD from such files and I think the tracks names is not there.

The track names are already on the cue file, of course. Do I have to click on some other box to get them on the CD?

Let me guess.  You put this CD in a stand alone physical CD player that displays track names and it isn't displaying them correctly?  If so, that's a common issue seen here.  It's generally down to the player not physically being compatible with reading CD Text from a CD-R.  Have you tried playing this CD in some PC software player and see if you get CD Text information?

OK, I loaded the plug-in, and WMP now sees the track names.

That means that the track names are written by default?

But I've seen that I have an additional problem. One CD that I burnt on my PC some days ago did not play well on it when checking. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Checked it on my laptop, and it doesn't even show a disc there. So I might have a media problem.

They have a Philips label, but quite likely they are not. I better stop burning this media.

It's difficult to find quality media in Brazil. For DVD I use Verbatim DL that I buy in Argentina. Can't get the same type in Brazil.

What CD brand and type should I look for?

Edited by carlmart

Look online for CD's called Verbatim DataLife Plus.  They're probably the best out there now that Taiyo Yuden doesn't make media anymore.  However, I had difficulty finding them on Amazon.com last time I looked and could only find them on Verbatim's web store.  Don't get the Life Series from Verbatim; they're junk.

Just now I tried another burn again with the Philips media, using wavs and the cue file I had.

This time the track names didn't show in VLC, which had on the other CD. Not even the CD name showed.

So there seems to be something I need to do to get that.

I compared both cue files text, and they are similar. So it' must be an IB setup thing.

Verbatim makes a DataLife Plus series of CD's, too, in addition to DVD and BD.  I don't know if they use AZO on the CD like they do with DVD.  And I don't know of their availability outside of the United States, where I get mine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.