DvD-R blocked on writing sectors from 30 minutes

Mearial

I'm burning the same image file for the third time, but now I'm using a Verbatim DVD-R, but it's blocked at 16% and it looks like the writer is not working. Windows Explorer doesn't show any disk and I don't hear any noise now.

What do I need to do?

What happen If I open end close it?

Have you tried powering off your PC and restarting Windows?  If the drive is external, power it off, restart Windows, and power the drive back on.  See if it resumes showing up in Windows/File Explorer.  Doesn't mean it still isn't working, but, at least, it would show up again.

1 minute ago, dbminter said:

Have you tried powering off your PC and restarting Windows?  If the drive is external, power it off, restart Windows, and power the drive back on.  See if it resumes showing up in Windows/File Explorer.  Doesn't mean it still isn't working, but, at least, it would show up again.

Yes, I did a manual re-boot, but nothing it's broken now... but it's very old and I'm sadder for the disk.

BTW, did you have a drive capable of burning what I'm guessing are XBox games?  Because you need certain drives to do that.  Not all older drives work for that purpose.  Not all newer ones do, either.  And, I don't mean to be condescending, but you do have some means of playing copies, right?  Meaning you can't just copy game discs, pop them in, and expect to play them.

11 hours ago, dbminter said:

BTW, did you have a drive capable of burning what I'm guessing are XBox games?  Because you need certain drives to do that.  Not all older drives work for that purpose.  Not all newer ones do, either.  And, I don't mean to be condescending, but you do have some means of playing copies, right?  Meaning you can't just copy game discs, pop them in, and expect to play them.

I burned 4 DVD+R (PS2 Games) with it, yesterday I bought a DVD-R (Verbatim) and then it happen. But I will not repair it, I think it's better if I buy a new one.

If you're burning PS2 games, then there's no need to worry about what burner drive you're using.  The only thing to keep in mind is if the PS2 game is a CD or DVD.  If it's a CD, then there are some iffy things with dealing with some of those are image files.  Just make sure you have some kind of system mod, internal or external, so your PS2 can play copies.

Nice to see someone else with a still working PS2.  :)  I still have my original release 2000 model in working condition!  :o And it's really telling of Sony quality that I've had a few models from 2002 onwards and they all died off.  Yet, my original fat model PS2 from 2000 still works...  :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.