Using Read mode as a "CHKDSK" for BD Video discs?

dbminter

I was wondering about something.  Can Read mode be used as a sort of CHKDSK for BD Video discs?  I was wondering how best to determine if my BD Video discs are not damaged when I receive them from Amazon.com.  I don't propose making a copy of BD Video discs, just reading the disc to an image file to test that the disc contents can be read.  I realize that if the BD Video is copy protected, the image won't be usable, but that's not my concern.  As I said, I don't intend to make copies of them.  I just wanted to read a BD Video disc to an image file to make sure the disc was readable.

Would ImgBurn's Read mode work for this?  Or would BD Video copy protection prevent a reading to an image file?  As I said, I don't care about the contents because I'm not copying them.  I just wanted to make sure the disc can be read without playing all the contents in my Blu-Ray player to check that it reads okay.

Thanks!

I didn't think of Verify mode.  That's actually probably a better solution.  You're not writing an image file to the target device, reducing wear and tear on it.  And you don't have to worry about deleting the image file afterwards, it taking up useless space in Recycle Bin, etc.  Good suggestion!  :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.