Unrecovered Read Error (see log)

OrionStar

I?m new at dvd processing, but have successfully backed up about a dozen dvd?s using latest DVDD/DVDShrink/Nero with no problems.

I just tried using DVDShrink/Imgburn 2.1.0.0, and got numerous errors near the end of the VERIFY step. I used the same disks I have always used. I then successfully made 2 more test backups with DVDShrink/Nero with no problems. I would like to believe Imgburn is better than Nero.

I am clueless as to what is wrong. I have a new notebook with new NEC 6500A drive with up to date firmware. I have DMA enabled on XP. I

Could someone please look at the log and give me a clue how to avoid errors? Are there specific settings I should confirm?

I would really like Imgburn to work for me, but settings are confusing to me.

Thanks!

ImgBurnSave.log

Welcome to ImgBurn Forum!

Your drive is not reading the sectors it has just written to. This is happening near the outer edge of the disk, where the media is most susceptible.

Get better media - Verbatims or Taiyo Yudens. Perhaps slow your burn down as well (your max write rate was 6.3x, which is higher than your burner is rated for this media and this is right at the edge of the disk). Make it 4x.

Regards

You could also try reducing the size of the files or .iso that shrink produces from 4464mb (guessing) so that when burnt the image is not so close to the edge of the disc :)
True, but his verify errors start at 4.2 Gb and even an CMC should burn to there.

Regards

Welcome to ImgBurn Forum!

Get better media - Verbatims or Taiyo Yudens. Perhaps slow your burn down as well (your max write rate was 6.3x, which is higher than your burner is rated for this media and this is right at the edge of the disk). Make it 4x.

Regards

Thanks blutach! I will burn at 4x.

I'm just starting on a new spindle of disks: Media code/Manufacturer ID: RICOHJPN4R0; Media Product Revision Number 04h. Are these OK? After that I will seek out TY's or get Verbatims .

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

ImgBurn @ 4x = Success.

Thanks!

Assuming I have a successfully burned DVD that has been through DVDD, DVDShrink, and ImgBurn. Sometime later (after I've deleted the ISO) I want to make an exact copy of this new DVD. I can Data DVD copy using Nero for this.

But will any other method produce a better copy? Thanks!

Edited by OrionStar

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.