Win10 and image burn, fails to erase disk

kjl56

Issue; on accessing a removable media, dvdr, dvdrw, cdr, cdrw or dvd ram disk trying to erase the disk get the below mentioned access to the burner , formatting the media to burn files or folders results at % then fail (image burn will show 94% to 95% completed several times before finally quitting) , disk hang still spinning in drive but not accessible.

The only option is to force log out, restart the pc or force a complete shutdown, either of the three options disconnects the dvd burner from device manager on next boot.

I have turned off win10 disk burning settings but still have this issue.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        ESENT
Date:          12/15/2018 4:51:00 PM
Event ID:      916
Task Category: General
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-I3CGRJM
Description:
svchost (5052,G,98) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="ESENT" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">916</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>1</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-12-15T23:51:00.034082400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>8175</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-I3CGRJM</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>svchost</Data>
    <Data>5052,G,98</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>EseDiskFlushConsistency</Data>
    <Data>ESENT</Data>
    <Data>0x800000</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Device manager driver list; 

Device IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_CD/DVDW_SH-S182M_______________SB04____\5&5109215&0&0.0.0 was migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: IDE\CdRomTSSTcorp_CD/DVDW_SH-S182M_______________SB04____\5&5109215&0&0.0.0
Class Guid: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Location Path: 
Migration Rank: 0x0
Present: true

I 16:27:47 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
I 16:27:47 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional x64 Edition (6.2, Build 9200)
I 16:27:47 Total Physical Memory: 8,386,916 KiB  -  Available: 5,052,568 KiB
I 16:27:47 Initialising SPTI...
I 16:27:47 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 16:27:50 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M SB04 (D:) (ATA)
I 16:27:50 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
I 16:28:43 Operation Started!
I 16:28:43 Device: [2:0:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M SB04 (D:) (ATA)
I 16:28:43 Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-W01-01)
I 16:28:43 Media Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x
I 16:28:43 Quick Erase: No
I 16:28:43 Format Properly: Yes
I 16:28:43 Format Size: Preferred
I 16:28:43 Erasing Disc...

I don't see the problem here.  Other than you can't format DVD-R and CD-R except as giant floppies in Windows/File Explorer.  Is ImgBurn actually returning an error in the log when you're trying to write an image to a disc?  Or are you saying it never gets past Erasing Disc when you use a DVD+RW that you're trying to write an image to?  If so, how long did you wait for the Erase to complete before giving up?

it never finishes erasing formatting have only been using rewritable media, nothing showing in the  progress % anymore

but I can still feel the disk spinning. can not eject the disk or close image burn

On another pc with win7 it erased the disk with no issues 

as of now over two hours sence starting the format erase procedure on a 4.7 dvd+wr the drive supports the media

Yeah, it doesn't take 2 hours to complete an erase operation, even a Full erase on a 1x DVD-RW disc takes only 1 hour.  Are you able to complete a Format operation in File Explorer?  If you got this to work an a different PC with Windows 7, did you use the SAME kind of DVD writer?  A TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M SB04?  If so, that might explain why it worked on one PC but not another.  It's probably not the Windows 7 installation that's the problem, but a combination of drive and media combination not liking each other.  That drive may not simply like that Ricoh kind of DVD+RW.  You may have better luck trying a better quality disc, like a Verbatim DataLife Plus DVD+RW.  NOT a Life Series one.  DataLife Plus you can only find in online stores or from Verbatim's online store.  Many posters have compatibility issues with their drives and Ricoh media.  Ricoh media can be anywhere in quality between a good 2nd tier media and a lower quality one.

The win7 pc has a combo drive, dvdrw and bluray reader. 

Over the years I have used sony fujifilm, memorex,panasonic, verbatim, iomega, office depot,hp and a few others.

But this disk in another win10 pc and it takes over 30min to read a blank disk.

Think part of the issue is how win10 now has iso mounter in the system .

Tried to burn the iso in win7 on the blu ray combo drive and kept getting power calibration errors so tired burning with win7 disk burn to disk and it failed.

Go to another win10 pc and successful burn from iso using windows disk to burn and image burn using dvd ram disk(s)

On the win7 pc, I could use the built in disk burner to format the dvd ram disk to udf format  only but not burn the iso.

Are you using a different Blu-Ray combo drive on the Windows 7 PC versus the burner you're using on the Windows 10 PC?  I still say your problem is that drive on the Windows 7 PC is the problem.  Either it's reached the end of its life or it is just a lousy drive.  Now, if you're using the same model burner in both PC's, that would say that the only problem could be the Windows 7 PC copy of that model has a problem with it.  The only way you'd know for sure is to install the Windows 7 PC burner in the Windows 10 PC and see if you still get failed burns.  If you do, then the problem is that drive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.