Files/folders with a trailing period at the end of their names

dbminter

I added a folder to a Build project and noticed that when the image was burned, the folder had a random string of characters at the end of its name.  I did some examination and I noticed I had accidentally named the folder on the source drive with a trailing period at the end of its file name since the folder was named for an acronym.

Could this trailing period have caused ImgBurn to add random characters to the end of the folder name?  That it was ImgBurn's way of correcting "bad" folder/file names?  :unsure:

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't remember the folder.  I deleted it from my HDD after renaming it without the trailing period to make a new disc from.  I don't have the original disc anymore, and if I did, sorry, it's private.  :wink:  Plus, it wasn't small.  It took up nearly an entire DVD-R.

Plus, it may have been a fluke.  A disc I encountered a few more down from that one was behaving oddly.  It showed up as 6 GB in Read mode, but none of the contents were accessible.  All 3 folders in the root were listed as 0 bytes, with no folder icons, and when selected for opening, Windows 10 wanted to assign a default application to open them with.  Reading that disc to an image file and mounting the image recovered the contents fine, so I just made a new disc, but it was weird to begin with.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.