Unable to burn CD-R

inkstand

I've been burning successfully music to CDRWs. Today for the first time I attempted to burn to a blank CD-R non rewritable. On completion it plays ok on my computer, but not on my hi-fi which played the RWs perfectly. Can anyone tell me if I've missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks

Most likely not a setting problem. 

First, check to make sure your hi-fi system still plays CD-RW correctly.  If you've got an existing CD-RW you know your hi-fi has played in the past, make sure the system does still play them.  I'd most likely think your hi-fi system might have stopped playing them correctly for whatever reason.  It's most likely not a setting issue because audio CD's are very finicky.  If they can play on your PC, they are compliant audio CD's.

Also, to make sure, these are audio CD's you're trying to make, right?  Not CD-RW that have audio container files like MP3 on them?

If you can, try playing one of these CD-RW that aren't playing on your hi-fi in another player besides your PC.  Like someone else's players.  Or a Playstation 3/4.  If it does play on another player, you can isolate your hi-fi system as being the problem.

Also, are you using the same CD-RW you've always used?  If these are different CD-RW, like say a different manufacturer or Disc ID type, your hi-fi might not recognize them as having been inserted, especially if they're junk media like CMC Magnetics discs.

Do you have a log from one of these CD-RW's that you burned that your hi-fi is not playing?  If so, please post that log.  It can tell us the Disc ID you're using.

Thank you dbminter and yes, you're correct and the fault lies with the cd player. I did actually suspect that may be the case, but I thought I'd try here just in case I needed to tweak something. Many thanks for your help db, I really appreciate it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.