imgburn won't start erase of dvd+r

norsemike

when I'm at the point when img pops up and starts it never gets past erase, does not start to says content on disk. And they are already fully formatted before I start to try to burn and using dvd flick also I've checked and rechecked settings and uninstalled and reinstalled both dvd flick and imgburn . No change

they haven't been used allI did was format it before starting, I just use several making a dvd with out using dvd flick and imgburn, I can do that , only problem is they don't play on a dvd player. I can play them on my laptop and desktop , so why would that be ? I'll buy some new dvds to cover that base got  a suggestion.

Whether they have been used or not is irrelevant. If the packaging said 'DVD+R' and not 'DVD+RW' you've got SINGLE USE recordable discs. You cannot erase single use discs, period. They're already blank. You can only erase them if the packaging states +/-RW.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

If you've got DVD's that play on your PC but not on your DVD player, the most likely culprit is you're using cheap discs.  Your DVD player doesn't recognize them as having been inserted because of read compatibility issues with cheap media.  Put one of these discs in a PC drive, open ImgBurn in Write Mode, and look in the pane of information on the right hand side.  Look for something listed as Manufacturer ID/MID/Disc ID/DID and paste that information into a reply.  That will say who actually made the disc.  If it says CMC in it, that's definitely your culprit.

Now, if you're actually using a DVD+RW and not a DVD+R, it could be your DVD player does not like rewritable media.  Or maybe your DVD player, depending on its age, doesn't support reading DVD+ media at all.  Older players will have a higher likelihood of not supporting DVD+ media.  And, as I said before, cheap media like CMC discs have a higher readability problem in some players.

Now, does an erase actually start and do nothing?  e.g. does it stick at 0% or does it return a message saying something?  If it's stuck at 0% and it's a DVD+RW, you may need to simply wait for the erase to finish.  8x DVD+RW can take between 6 to 8 minutes to complete a full erase.  Slower media will take longer than that, with 4 media taking 15 minutes for a Full Erase.  And it depends on if you're doing a Full Erase or a Quick Erase.  Quick Erase will be done in under a minute unless it's never been formatted before.

5 hours ago, Ch3vr0n said:

Whether they have been used or not is irrelevant. If the packaging said 'DVD+R' and not 'DVD+RW' you've got SINGLE USE recordable discs. You cannot erase single use discs, period. They're already blank. You can only erase them if the packaging states +/-RW.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Thanks Ch3 and db your explanation made it very clear dvdrw solved my snag

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.