How do I use imgburn to make an ISO from a .bin and a .cue file?

Night Thastus

I tried using the obvious "Create Image file from files/folders" option. However, when I selected the .bin and .cue file and hit the "build" button, the resulting ISO didn't behave like a disk at all. When I mounted it, it just appeared like a folder. Inside were just the old .bin and .cue files.

This is supposed to be for some software, so when I mount it I should either be able to see all the files inside (like the installer/executable/etc) or it should automatically open up some kind of installer.

There is the possibility that the .bin and .cue files were screwed up somehow, it's easily over 2 decades old.

EDIT: Solution. I used Virtual CloneDrive (free software) to open the .bin file. Worked fantastic! Just like mounting a normal ISO file.

Edited by Night Thastus
added my solution

Thank you for the reply!

I don't have a disk drive, so I was just looking to make a .iso so I can mount it that way. Is there any way to convert it over?

If not, what programs would you recommend that can mount .CUE files?

Edited by Night Thastus
wanted to add a thank you

Yeah, I'd just do what you did and use Virtual CloneDrive to mount the CUE/BIN (I forget if Virtual CloneDrive supports CUE files.  If not, it would support BIN.  I don't use BIN/CUE.  I have ImgBurn create CCD files which Virtual CloneDrive does mount, but it creates IMG files I think that CCD points to.) file without needing to convert to ISO.  But, if you really wanted an ISO, you could mount the CUE/BIN file as a virtual drive and then use ImgBurn's Read mode to read the mounted virtual drive to a new ISO file.

I think you could also have used UltraISO to load the CUE file and save it as a new ISO file, which I probably would have done, but UltraISO requires a license and isn't free.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.