BR disc won't burn

growlski

I am trying to burn a short home-made movie 1920x1080 25i H.264 to Blu-ray disc. Every time I try it says    I/O Error!   Synchronise Cache failed.   Reason: Write Error.   Incompatible Format.

The discs I'm using are Verbatim.

You're using the bad Verbatim.  CMC MAG is the kind used in Verbatim Life series discs.  CMC is the worst junk out there.  Granted, I've never heard of Life Series making BD-R. 

Or are you using BD-RE?  I noticed the write speed was 2x, which means you could be using BD-RE which makes sense with the BD-RE since Verbatim BD-RE are CMC junk.  If you're using BD-RE, try Panasonic's discs.

BTW, there's no need to screen capture log window entries.  What you can do is highlight the log entry text you want to post using the mouse or SHIFT and arrow keys, then right click on what you highlighted and select Copy then Paste it into a post entry on the forum.

Well, I'm not really sure what to recommend.  In the US, Verbatim doesn't make CMC BD-R as far as I am aware.  All the Verbatim BD-R I use are VERBAT-IM media, which is quality stuff, and they only make the one kind.  With you being in the UK, I don't know what Verbatim releases BD-R wise, but apparently they do package CMC BD-R .  Do you have a picture of the packaging I can see?  Does it say Life Series anywhere on it?

I looked it up and it slipped past me but Verbatim does release a Life Series BD-R.  Anyway, avoid anything from Verbatim that says Life Series.  Life Series is the media they sell in stores and is CMC junk.  What you want says DataLife Plus or AZO on it (Although the quality Verbatim BD-R don't say that anywhere.) and can only be found online.  Here's what I always get and it's quality stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GSQ4DBM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, you'll want to find similar branding and/or labels on your discs.

Here's the Life Series I found: 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAE8P62U1938&ignorebbr=1&source=region&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-E-boxes-_-Blu-Ray+Media-_-9SIAE8P62U1938&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkoDmBRCcARIsAG3xzl-PkSNMK3jJAEczEVIPU4HoF_9V8IrAUT3AiYH-oGNqaM9ihjRH_sAaAmpOEALw_wcB

Does the packaging from the Life Series link above resemble the ones you have?  Do they say Life Series on the packaging?  Did you buy them in a brick and mortar store?

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help. I bought them in a bricks and mortar store. The packet looks very similar to both those you sent links to. They are called DataLife BD-R Recordable/Enregistrable and they are made in Taiwan.

Yeah, I've never heard of just plain DataLife before.  DataLife Plus and Life Series are all I've ever encountered before.  My guess is because you bought them in a brick and mortar store, you got the CMC junk.  Try looking online like on Amazon.co.uk and see if you can find any other Verbatim kind besides DataLife/the ones you found.  The brick and mortar store Life Series here in the States is the junk; the stuff found on Amazon.com is the quality media.  However, given you live in a different country where I know they do different production runs of media, I couldn't say.  Sorry.

I'm going to buy the ones you recommended from Amazon direct from the States!  It apparantly only takes 5 to 7 days to get here, and costs $36.90 which is about £29 for 50 which is what I paid for 25 over here.  Thanks for your help.

Amazon will generally be cheaper than buying the same thing, if you can find it, in brick and mortar stores.  For instance, Office Depot in town sells some of the same Verbatim BD-R I buy off of Amazon.com.  (Back when Amazon sold the 6x speed discs, which they don't anymore.  They only sell the 16x ones now.)  But, they only sell them in packs of 10.  They're $17 for 10, where Amazon sells them for like $37 for 50 of them.

Office Depot is good for a few if I need some in an emergency, but only in that case.  Otherwise, I'll just buy a 50 pack from Amazon and have them sitting around until I use up the ones I currently have on hand.  It's far more cost effective that way.

That's a probably a problem with your Panasonic player.  When you say you play the file on your computer, are you playing the disc you just burned or the file from your computer hard drive?  Try playing from the disc you just burned in your PC burner and see if it jumps.  If it isn't jerky, your Panasonic player doesn't like those kinds of discs.  And it happens sometimes.  If it's still jerky, then, did you convert the file from your PC's hard drive to a Blu-Ray?  Play the Blu-Ray output from the converter on your PC and see if it's jerky from your hard drive.  If it is, then the problem is with the converter software.

I would lay the blame on your Panasonic player in this case.   I know Panasonic standalone DVD video recorders have some playback issues.  I've got some pressed movie DVD's that I've had a few Panasonic recorders not play at all but play fine in other players.  Since the disc plays back without problem on your PC drive, the issue does seem to be with your Panasonic player, yes.

No.  The last player I bought was a Playstation 3 in 2011.  And I no longer recommend anything Sony makes because they've a steady pattern of producing junk since 2002.  Even this PS3, though I've had it for almost 8 years, required my sending it in to Sony for replacement after only a month.  So, a PS4 might work out fine.  But, only if it's a fat model.  Don't get any slim model Playstations from Sony, that's for sure.

• 3 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 4:25 PM, dbminter said:

No.  The last player I bought was a Playstation 3 in 2011.  And I no longer recommend anything Sony makes because they've a steady pattern of producing junk since 2002.  Even this PS3, though I've had it for almost 8 years, required my sending it in to Sony for replacement after only a month.  So, a PS4 might work out fine.  But, only if it's a fat model.  Don't get any slim model Playstations from Sony, that's for sure.

Ps4 is very good for playing bd-r media but you can also get the nasty Cinivia message if it is a Sony movie 1/10 times you might get lucky without it appearing, but my ps4 plays blu-ray fine just was blu-ray burner is a pain the arse sometimes, Pioneer seem to dislike most discs ironic thing is Verbatim work the best for me at this time I have tried Acu-Disc the first few worked fine now fail half way through

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.