Can't create ISO from DVD

Gadget57

Hello,

I used to use an earlier version of this software that would allow me to create an ISO image from a DVD created in my DVD recorder.  I don't remember the version number, but I lost that software in a hard drive meltdown. I downloaded the current version and tried to create an ISO file, but I got the following error message:

"Sorry, using Read mode to create an image file from a multi-track DVD-ROM disc is not currently supported.
Instead, use Build mode to create a new 'clean' image based on the contents of the disc."

I tried changing to build mode, but it is asking me to locate the files, which don't exist yet.

I know that my DVD recorder didn't change the way it creates a disc, so I'm confused at why the software will no longer create the ISO file.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

When you say DVD recorder that created the disc you're trying to copy, do you mean a burner like a drive in your PC or an external DVD video recorder like a Panasonic drive?  I can understand why it might say that on a Panasonic drive and will explain more later if that's the case.

When you're in Build mode, it's not asking you to locate an image file.  In this case, in your case, you'd want to put in the disc you're trying to make a copy of and drag and drop all files and folders from the disc in your drive into a Build image project.  Build will then create an image file from those files you added for burning to a disc.

That's what I meant by a Panasonic DVD recorder.  A standalone DVD recorder that records from TV/VCR/RCA cable/component connected devices.  If he said it was that kind of recorder, I was going to explain that they can return those kinds of errors on their discs.  I've been using Panasonic DVD video recorders since 2002 and I've had several models.  I believe all of them create discs that ImgBurn cannot read to a file because of how they record their discs with a new track each time you add a title set.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 12:03 PM, dbminter said:

When you say DVD recorder that created the disc you're trying to copy, do you mean a burner like a drive in your PC or an external DVD video recorder like a Panasonic drive?  I can understand why it might say that on a Panasonic drive and will explain more later if that's the case.

When you're in Build mode, it's not asking you to locate an image file.  In this case, in your case, you'd want to put in the disc you're trying to make a copy of and drag and drop all files and folders from the disc in your drive into a Build image project.  Build will then create an image file from those files you added for burning to a disc.

Hello dbminter,

Sorry to be so long getting back to you.

Yes, I have a Panasonic DVD recorder connected to my DISH TV service so that I can record TV shows to DVDs. It is the same recorder that I used when I used to create ISO images with an earlier version of the ImgBurn software. I lost that version in a hard drive crash and when I found you again and installed the latest version, it no longer would create the ISO file.

Thanks,
Mike

No prob.

As far as I know, ImgBurn never allowed the creation of ISO's of DVD's made by Panasonic DVD recorders.  I've been using them since 2002, and all models apparently create new tracks/sessions each time a VTS is written to them.  So, ImgBurn should probably never have allowed the creation of discs from them.  I've always had to use Build mode or AnyDVD to create ISO's of those discs.  But, you can use the Build mode and import the AUDIO_TS (if it exists) and VIDEO_TS from such a Panasonic DVD to create a new disc image and burn that.  That's what I've done if I didn't use AnyDVD to create an ISO.

Even AnyDVD has problems with Panasonic DVD recorder discs.  It always detects structural copy protection, even on discs created BEFORE such a thing existed.  It boils down to how the recorders make the DVD's that triggers false positives in the software.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.