maximum size hit at 4 Gb

bgrum

I'm trying to create an ISO of the entirety of my Windows 10 computer which currently has about 34 Gb of files including the operating system.  The size is inevitably going to expand considerably.  But instead of creating an ISO which includes ALL of what is there now, it shorts out at about 4 Gb which is basically the same as the Windows CreatMedia software pointed to as the boot information.  How can I get the ISO that I need with *everything* included.  I keep reading there are no limits on the size of the ISO to be created but after several tries the maximum size keeps bombing out at 4 Gb.

Sounds to me your trying to make the iso on a drive that's formatted as FAT32. FAT32 has an inherited maximum file size of 4gb, this CANNOT be changed. If this is the case, you have 1 option, format the drive you're writing the image to as NTFS.

That said, imgburn isn't really designed to make images of hard drives, there's specialized software for that like macrium reflect or acronis true image

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I thought of this earlier and was going to post the same thing, but then, I thought, isn't ImgBurn smart enough to automatically enable file splitting when writing an image greater than 4 GB on a FAT32 partition?

There is another option to formatting the target partition as NTFS.  Enable file splitting in the options and set some kind of arbitrary file size for splitting.  I enabled it for my images even though I write to NTFS target partitions.  I do this in case I need to split a large image file for off storage to DVD's.

In Build mode, what is the total file size ImgBurn said it added?  Is it 4GB or greater than 4 GB and ImgBurn is just writing 4 GB image files?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.