Verbatim sold to CMC?!

dbminter

Please, please, oh please don't tell me Mitsubishi sold Verbatim to CMC!  Verbatim was already farming out to CMC for its Life Series and it's BD-R, resulting in crap media.  Verbatim's DataLife Plus series was the last bastion of quality media!  Will DVD+/-R SL/DL/RW now all be CMC garbage?!  Who else is there left to get DVD+/-R, DVD+R DL, and DVD+/-RW, not to mention CD-R, if Verbatim goes completely to the dark side?  :thumbdown:

It's true https://www.anandtech.com/show/14597/cmc-buys-verbatim-assets-from-mitsubishi

Which is why tomorrow I'm ordering 1000 of the DVD+R SL tomorrow and I'll probably order 1k more a little while later. Should last me a while.

I'm expecting quality to drop, but I'll hoping it'll be the other way. That by acquiring verbatim, cmc mag will finally increase their quality due to the IP from verbatim.

I hate it just as much as you do

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I know I read that CMC bought the whole production line, dye material and farming technology from Taiyo Youden just to keep producing the same professional quality disc as JVC delivered.

I am using the CMC Taiyo Yuden DVD-R printable Watershield Glossy White Inkjet MID: TYG03. So far I burned 2 cakes of 50 discs and not a coaster. And the image printed with Canon Pixma iP 7250 also looks great. As I see, it is marketed as "CMC PRO" Powered by Taiyo Yuden.

I don't have a Pioneer or LiteOn drive to scan the discs but as far as they work its a good thing, I'll say.

Maybe they do the same thing with Verbatim and buy all the thechnology with the production line. We'll see.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.