add folders and files to existing iso image

fiapoco

i've looked everywhere and I can't find the answers to

1) how to begin with an existing iso image file and create a new iso after adding other folders and/or files to the new image?

2) how to begin with an iso image file and convert/save it to a hard drive as "regular" folders/files instead of an iso (the reverse of creating an iso from folders/files on the hard drive, which is a standard choice in the ez picker mode)?  

Try a piece of paid software called UltraISO.  It's what I use to inject files, the process of adding files and folders to an existing ISO.  And I believe you can extract contents from an ISO in UltraISO and copy the contents to another folder.

If you're using native, pure ISO, one thing you can do on modern versions of Windows is navigate the contents either natively through Windows/File Explorer or mounted as a virtual drive.  I forget how Windows does it.  Either way, you can copy the contents and paste them to another location.

I use a virtual drive software called Virtual CloneDrive.  Then, I just mount ISO's to the virtual drive and copy and paste the contents from the virtual drive in Windows/File Explorer.

5 hours ago, fiapoco said:

i've looked everywhere and I can't find the answers to

1) how to begin with an existing iso image file and create a new iso after adding other folders and/or files to the new image?

2) how to begin with an iso image file and convert/save it to a hard drive as "regular" folders/files instead of an iso (the reverse of creating an iso from folders/files on the hard drive, which is a standard choice in the ez picker mode)?  

well, i didn't look far enough.  I'm old and i forgot "Google is my friend'.  7zip extracted the iso and then Image Burn took care of the next step.  Both free.  So, never mind.  But tis is a cool site and i absolutely love Image Burn - it is far superior, for my purposes, to all the other pretneders out there, both free and paid.  Thank you, creator(s) of Image Burn. 

4 hours ago, dbminter said:

Try a piece of paid software called UltraISO.  It's what I use to inject files, the process of adding files and folders to an existing ISO.  And I believe you can extract contents from an ISO in UltraISO and copy the contents to another folder.

If you're using native, pure ISO, one thing you can do on modern versions of Windows is navigate the contents either natively through Windows/File Explorer or mounted as a virtual drive.  I forget how Windows does it.  Either way, you can copy the contents and paste them to another location.

I use a virtual drive software called Virtual CloneDrive.  Then, I just mount ISO's to the virtual drive and copy and paste the contents from the virtual drive in Windows/File Explorer.

thanks for the reply.  I'm a freebie only kinda guy - living on just Social Security, but I discovered 7zip and used it to extract the files from the iso, then added my activation files/folde and burned the 'modified' installation file/folder to a new iso, ready to burn to a cd/dvd or usb drive.  I also stunbled across VirtualCloneDrive, which is really easy for old geezers like me to use.  Again, thanks for the response, I really do appreciate it.  Have a blessed day, er... evening.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.