1x 10m USB or 2x 5m USB ?

BlizzardUK

I need approx 7m USB3 from my PC to my external USB3 BD-R drive, just because of the way my room is situated and where I am able to sit, and the amount of blu-ray discs I burn. I currently have a 10m USB3 active repeater cable, but if I try and burn over 4x the device buffer goes up and down like crazy and will only settle when under 4x. If I got 2x 5m USB3 active cables, could that help ? Or do the 10m ones have a repeater built in anyway at the 5m point ? I am presuming the issue of the device buffer going up and down is due to there not being enough bandwidth. 

Any ideas ? Earlier tonight I got lots of semaphore timeout "invalid address" errors upon burning discs, wasted approx 7 discs, but I have changed the USB port (from directly in to my PC port in to a powered hub port) and that is at least better and stops those errors, but still has the wildly fluctuating device buffer over 4x. 

EDIT : Okay, forget the hope I had in that last paragraph, the burn failed, make that 8 discs ruined, I realise this is not IMG Burns fault though. This time the error wasn't semaphore, but "No additional sense information" whatever that means. 

Edited by BlizzardUK

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.