Bluray ISO Rebuild

RKEP

Hi

I am new to ImgBurn and want to rebuild a Bluray ISO made from DVD Artchitect 6, after changing the videos. I have opened the original file into a virtual drive and copied the BMDV and CERTIFICATE folders to new folder. I have had an issue with the menu not working on the rebuild? Just to prove it was nothing to do with my changes, I tried to rebuild the original contents and this produced the same result. The completely original ISO rebuilt loses the functionality of the menus?

Perhaps I'm not using the correct settings. I open "create image from filles / folders" add the source folder and save the image to another, click the build. It asks about the disc name and then  gives info on the build (see attached). The ISO is built and seems ok i.e. the intro video works but then the menu is not working. Please advise

Thanks

Capture.PNG

21 hours ago, RKEP said:

Hi

I am new to ImgBurn and want to rebuild a Bluray ISO made from DVD Artchitect 6, after changing the videos. I have opened the original file into a virtual drive and copied the BMDV and CERTIFICATE folders to new folder. I have had an issue with the menu not working on the rebuild? Just to prove it was nothing to do with my changes, I tried to rebuild the original contents and this produced the same result. The completely original ISO rebuilt loses the functionality of the menus?

Perhaps I'm not using the correct settings. I open "create image from filles / folders" add the source folder and save the image to another, click the build. It asks about the disc name and then  gives info on the build (see attached). The ISO is built and seems ok i.e. the intro video works but then the menu is not working. Please advise

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Hi

Sorry I didn't attach the Log file. I have done the rebuild again and attached the Log file. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

ImgBurn.log

Does the new ISO come out to the same size as the original one?

It's coming out to around 700Mb... marginally bigger than you could fit on a CD.

Are you actually burning the ISO to disc and playing in a standalone player or just playing it via the virtual drive in your computer?

If on the computer, what software are you using for that purpose?

Hi

Sorry I should have been more clear. At present I am  experimenting to see if I could achieve what I would like to do. Using Sony DVD Architect, you can make great menu interfaces but it compresses the videos and I don't want that, so I thought I could change the videos back to the originals with Imgburn. I have'nt made a complete bluray compilation to find I have wasted my time so as an experiment I have put an intro video, then a menu with a button to replay the intro, hence why the file is so small. I did successfully change the video but the button on the menu didn't work on the rebuild. Just in case it was something to do with what I changed I rebuilt the original ISO I made, but this also stopped the button on the menu working.

The Original ISO is 697MB and the rebuild is 691MB. I use Elaborate Bytes Virtual Clone Drive to load my ISO's and play them with PowerDVD18.

I find it odd because I understood from a lot of different sources while researching this that this was the program to use and that it retained the menus. I can only assume I have perhaps not set the program up properly to achieve this, but can't see my error. Hopefully you will be able to assist me, thankyou

Richard

ImgBurn burns (or puts into an ISO) exactly what you give it. Don't forget, an ISO is just like a box you put things into. It doesn't change what you put in it.

ImgBurn doesn't retain or not retain a menu, because it doesn't know anything about menus. The menu is part of the BD Video specification and structure. If that's already in place within the files/folders you feed into ImgBurn, they should work just fine. If they aren't working, it's an issue outside of ImgBurn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.