How to burn dual layer DVD from AVCHD iso file

cinderellen

That's not the log of the burn.  See my earlier replies on how to open the actual log.  And, most likely, VLC is saying to check ITS log.

And it will say DVD is not playable because you've burnt a BD Video.  I doubt VLC supports playing Blu-Ray's as I know most free player software like Media Player Classic Home Cinema, which I use, doesn't.  Mostly, you need paid software to play Blu-Rays unless you use the free Leawo Blu-Ray Player software.  VLC is returning that error because it can play DVD's but you've inserted a Blu-Ray Video disc.  Even though it's on a DVD+R DL, it's still a Blu-Ray Video Disc because of the BDMV folder.

No, that discrepancy between memory totals is to be expected.  One is the total available memory installed in your system and the other is the available free memory not in use from that total.

Hmmm - then I seem again to be at a dead end?? My research indicated that a dual layer DVD could play on both a standard DVD player as well as a PC. Basically anything that will play a movie because they are dual layers. The intent of burning these DVDs is for clients who do not have the capability of playing an HD video file, the format I generally use. So they need a DVD that will play in a standard player as well as a PC. Due to the size of the show, I went to dual layer as it will not fit on a regular DVD. Any other thoughts on this matter?

Thanks again to those of you who have so kindly tried to solve this problem for me. If there is further hope, let me know. I won't give up until you all tell me to! :clapping:

I think you're confusing files with DVD Video discs.  What you apparently have is some M2TS files or BDMV folders you're putting on a DVD+R DL and expect to put it in a DVD player and have it play the file or BDMV.  Unfortunately, you can't necessarily do that.

You have to clear up the confusion.  WHAT do you have on these discs?  VIDEO_TS?  BDMV?  Or M2TS files?  If it's anything other than a VIDEO_TS, you can't just insert a disc and expect it to play on a DVD player.  If it's a BDMV folder, you can put those on DVD+R DL, but only a Blu-Ray player will play them.  And most PC software doesn't play Blu-Ray discs.  It has to specifically be for Blu-Ray playing.

If it's M2TS files, you CAN put those on a DVD+R DL, but you CANNOT insert that disc in a DVD player and have it automatically play the file(s).  First, you most likely need a Blu-Ray player.  And then, your Blu-Ray player must natively support playback of M2TS container files.

You can put M2TS files on a DVD+R DL and have them play on a PC but you CANNOT just insert the disc and have them automatically play.  The user has to load the M2TS files from the disc.

Set the ProShow to output a DVD compliant folder/ISO not enything else. Than use ImgBurn in Build mode for folder or Write image for ISO.

Depending on the length of the footage maybe it will also fit on a regular single layer DVD

This topic is a pain to read but a bdmv structure on a DVD is a valid format called bd5 or bd9 (depending if it's burned on a DVD 5 (single layer) or dvd9 (double layer).), but despite being burned on a DVD disc it's still Blu-ray content which makes it a Blu-ray. The problem here with 'unsupported disc' is that the player likely doesn't support bd5/9. Avchd is a lot more restricted format than a bd5/9

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.