Convert Apple DVD

jpaul_johnson

I have a couple DVDs created on an Apple iMac that play fine on an iMac and on a dedicated DVD player, but not on my PC.  My PC plays other DVDs fine.  How do I convert these Apple created DVDs to work on a PC?  I read somewhere that they may be Apple Data DVDs.  The file structure looks like a typical video DVD (an AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder).  The audio folder appears empty, though there is audio when played on the iMac.  The video folder has various VOB files, a couple of IFO and BUP files.  The movie has several chapters and there is no protection or encryption methods on it to my knowledge.  I also have AnyDVD.

I'd like to be able to play it and use the chapter selection on a PC and dedicated DVD player.

I use VLC.  It's movies of a ladies dance group.  They tell me it plays on their DVD players but I can't get it to play on my PC.  It just shows me the 33 second intro with a Play Movie and a Scene Selection option, with audio, but I can't select anything and it just loops. 

Hi db,

I found the problem.  I'm an idiot.  I was clicking on the "Main Menu" or "Selection" text, and I finally noticed a yellow bar about an inch to the left.  When I clicked on the yellow bar....,  well, you know.  I'm so sorry to trouble you, but thanks for the help. 

Paul

Ah, that's poorly designed menu of a DVD. The standalone DVD player has no problem to recognize the button but on a software player with it's tiny clickable area you got a problem.

In the process of the design of the menu it is advisable to extend the clickable area of the button to overlap the text.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.