How do I use files to make an iso?

Bscho

How do I use files to make an iso?

I have tried this and it appears to work but it appears to work and it runs for a few minutes then keeps saying not a typewriter until it finally says cannot find live image.

Been trying for days.

I had it work correctly only once but the r/w disk was faulty I used so it could not complete the installation

Not a typewriter?  :huh:

Never seen an error message like cannot find live image.  Can you provide screenshots of what you're seeing?  Or a log of a failed burn, if there are any errors generated in it?

1 hour ago, dbminter said:

Not a typewriter?  :huh:

Never seen an error message like cannot find live image.  Can you provide screenshots of what you're seeing?  Or a log of a failed burn, if there are any errors generated in it?

No errors in the log.  Cannot take a screenshot as it is in the install phase.

This happens with whatever iso i copy the files of.

It worked once correctly but cannot figure out what the settings were at that time.

You can do it yourself with a dvd of linux mint 19.2 just does not work and I have tried for a week.

Wait, what are you doing?  It sounds like you're trying to create or burn an ISO but you say it happens during the install phase.  So, that would be before you even could create an ISO or burn it because you're trying to install ImgBurn.  Have you been able to actually install the ImgBurn software and get this error message trying to install the software?  Or have you been able to install the ImgBurn software and this error message occurs when you try to create an ISO?  Or trying to burn it?

I take a Linux mint dvd with files I use isolinux.bin as the boot image.

I make the dvd with the iso created by files

When I run the dvd it fails appearing to run as usual then it fails with initramfs on the screen.

I take a Linux Lite dvd with files I use isolinux.bin as the boot image.

I make the dvd with the iso created by files

When I run the dvd I choose live fail safe the second line on the install screen it runs text on the screen it fails after it says stdin: Not a typewriter this keeps repeating until it says

Busybox Enter Help for a list of built in commands

the next line reads

(initramfs) Unable to find a medium containing a live file system

If I click on the third line install linux Lite it appears to run with a whirling cursor as usual then it fails with initramfs on a black screen.

OIC, these are errors that occur when you try to run/boot the Linux disc.  Not errors returned by ImgBurn when writing/burning ISO's.

Unfortunately, creating a bootable disc from files is not an exact science.  In fact, I never got it to work ever before.  And you're using Linux.  I know there's a How To in that section on creating a Windows bootable disc.  But, as far as Linux goes, I've never used it, so I can't say anything about its boot discs.

Those kinds of error messages do sound like, though, things that would be generated by an incorrectly made boot disc.

Question: do you just want to make a copy of an existing Linux disc?  Or are you making your own from various files you have lying around?  If you have an existing disc, don't bother using Build mode.  Use Read mode to create an ISO of the existing Linux disc and then Write that ISO to a new disc.

10 hours ago, dbminter said:

OIC, these are errors that occur when you try to run/boot the Linux disc.  Not errors returned by ImgBurn when writing/burning ISO's.

Unfortunately, creating a bootable disc from files is not an exact science.  In fact, I never got it to work ever before.  And you're using Linux.  I know there's a How To in that section on creating a Windows bootable disc.  But, as far as Linux goes, I've never used it, so I can't say anything about its boot discs.

Those kinds of error messages do sound like, though, things that would be generated by an incorrectly made boot disc.

Question: do you just want to make a copy of an existing Linux disc?  Or are you making your own from various files you have lying around?  If you have an existing disc, don't bother using Build mode.  Use Read mode to create an ISO of the existing Linux disc and then Write that ISO to a new disc.

No I am making my own. It worked once so I will just keep trying to repeat it.

Thanks anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.