Suddenly DTS-WAV files (DTS-CD) not burning correctly

Mandrix

Sorry, I've never played around with burning those DTS CDs and have no clue how they actually work.

Generally speaking, ImgBurn would be trying to convert any audio files fed into it into 44100Hz, 16 bit, stereo.... as that's what CDDA is.

The exception to that would be when you feed it a BIN file, as I'm pretty sure that just gets burnt as-is.

So, if you're saying it's worked ok in the past, what format were those images / files in? Were they all BIN/CUE? What files do you have for this non-working disc?

Well mostly they are individual dts wav files with a cue file. I've even  used ImgBurn to  make the cue in the past, or I build one myself.

The dts wav files are always 44.1 because of course that's the cd standard. dts files usually appear as stereo files except for an application or player that recognizes the format. All that is fine, but as long as the files are not altered it should not matter what ImgBurn thinks  they are, I'm thinking.

But having said that, after burning, the files show up in Foobar as 16 bit stereo files instead of 6 (5.1) channel DTS files. That's showing in the images I posted, that opening the cue file in Foobar shows the files playing as 6 channel dts files, but after burning to disc they show up as stereo files, although there is nothing there, no music at all.

It's a  mystery to me. I burn DVD-R, DVD+R DL, BD-R, BD-R DL very often and DTS-CD's somewhat often, with no problems usually.

I tried one set of files/cue in Nero (I don't like to use Nero, I use ImgBurn for everything) and it did just what it was supposed to. So I'm stumped.

I'll figure it out eventually, I just wanted to get these two discs burned and finished. Thanks for looking, if any thing occurs please let me know.

Edited by Mandrix

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.