Burn Error

Neoginron

I am trying to burn a sega dreamcast image onto a CD-R but when I open the folder that contains the CDI file and select the CDI file to burn this is the error that I get

E 13:41:46 Unable to initialise PfcToc! - PfcToc.dll
E 13:41:46 Reason: The specified module could not be found.
E 13:41:46 You need to copy pfctoc.dll into the program folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\)
E 13:41:46 Visit http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to download it.

Open the link in your post.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page to Padus .CDI File Mounter v1.0.0.12.  Download the ZIP file.  Extract the contents of that downloaded ZIP file to C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\ .  Burn a copy of the CDI image to a CD-R after you do that.  See if that helps.  I've never had a Dreamcast before so I'm entirely unfamiliar with the process.  Just going by the log you posted.   Don't know if it actually works or not.

• 2 years later...

I know this post is over 2 years old now, but I tried burning a ".CDI" file to a 700MB CD-RW disc with ImgBurn v2.5.8.0 (on Linux Mint) and it worked (at least as far as the general burning process) as I just copied over the "pfctoc.dll" to root of the general ImgBurn directory before attempting to burn the ".CDI" file and it burned successfully and verified okay. but I did not test anything directly on the Dreamcast itself as even if I did it appears ill almost certainly have to burn it to CD-R since apparently the Dreamcast won't read CD-RW discs from looking around online (at least not without tweaking laser power which could burn it out faster, as it's risky to tweak, so I am leaving mine as-is in it's stock state).

but just to see what happens when I remove that "pfctoc.dll" from the root of the ImgBurn directory... after removing it, loading up ImgBurn, then doing a drag-n-drop of the .CDI file into ImgBurn, it throws pretty much the same error the OP got in the ImgBurn log window...

E 03:22:50 Unable to initialise PfcToc! - PfcToc.dll
E 03:22:50 Reason: Module not found.
E 03:22:50 You need to copy pfctoc.dll into the program folder. (C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\)
E 03:22:50 Visit http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to download it.

so apparently putting that pfctoc.dll file into the root of the ImgBurn directory has a big effect on trying to burn Dreamcast games with ImgBurn ;)

p.s. I do have a Dreamcast and I know it played burned games the last I checked, but I have not used that console in ages now.

Edited by ThaCrip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.