Burning ISO to Multi-Track Bluray Discs

Gordon H

Hi,

I have used the absolutely excellent ImgBurn for many years, from well before the Advanced input option was added!

I tried to copy a bluray with multiple tracks. ImgBurn says it can't read multi track Blurays so I used IsoBuster. This gave an ISO and CUE file. ImgBurn will burn the ISO on its own but this gives only ONE track. When I try to use the CUE file it gives an error message: "Minutes Out Of Range", no mention in the .log file. Any ideas? Can I amend this CUE file to solve the problem?

Track lengths are:

Name        LBA        Size        Size (Bytes)    Modified

Track    01    0        46.94 MB    49,217,536    N/A

Track    02    24,032        64.00 KB    65,536        N/A

Track    03    24,064        309.75 MB    324,796,416    N/A

Track    04    182,656        22.21 GB    23,845,339,136    N/A

Track    05    11,825,888    576.00 KB    589,824        N/A

The CUE file is below, used on a standard BD-R:

FILE "BD.iso" BINARY

REM ORIGINAL MEDIA-TYPE: BD-R

REM SESSION 01        (*)
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
      INDEX 01 00:00:00
         REM LBA: 0
    TRACK 02 MODE1/2048
      INDEX 01 05:20:32
         REM LBA: 24032
    TRACK 03 MODE1/2048
      INDEX 01 05:20:64
         REM LBA: 24064
    TRACK 04 MODE1/2048
      INDEX 01 40:35:31
         REM LBA: 182656
    TRACK 05 MODE1/2048
      INDEX 01 2627:58:38
         REM LBA: 11825888

REM (*) SESSION commands are not supported by all applications

REM Generated by IsoBuster 4.5.0.00 (https://www.isobuster.com)

It won't reproduce the tracks on anything other than CD, that's why it won't let you use Read mode.

You'd be better off doing what it said an using Build mode. Just add the drive letter of your optical drive to the Source box and make a new image based on the contents of the disc. Then burn that image.

Hi,

Thanks for the very quick reply! I can see that trying to make an identical copy of this disc with all 5 tracks is impossible, unless presumably I can record each track separately and don't finalise between? Would this work? Otherwise I will accept that what I am trying to do won't work and I will live with the single track solution, either using the original ISO which does make a disc, or adding the files in the usual way. I was just trying to see if I could make a backup copy of some well used discs from my Panasonic Bluray recorder which have been recorded in "DR" mode - the Panny will not play the single track copy but just shows the menu then does nothing! It is obviously programmed to know that the disc has been copied!

So, I will try recording each track separately if that is possible? Naturally if this is possible it might still not put the tracks where the Panny expects them! But I could try.

As I said though this is and always has been a fantastic piece of software which I use for everything.

I've had many Panasonic DVD video recorders and they all also recorded discs with multiple tracks.  The only way to copy them with ImgBurn was with the Build mode option mentioned.  Unless you used something like AnyDVD or DVDShrink.  And even AnyDVD doesn't "process" them "properly."  While the resulting images are fine, AnyDVD detects structural protection on discs made in 2002, before structural protection existed.

Hi, Thanks for that feedback. Sadly the Panasonic BDs recorded in DR mode won't play if copied using any of these methods as you get just one track even though all files are intact and the Panny seems to know or is looking for something else which is lost when burning everything in just one track. Never mind it was just an idea! I will update this if I find a solution! I know that HD recorded in normal Bluray style works and can be read and copied but you lose the ability to turn on and off subtitles and presumably lose a little in quality though not much. I have just kept to DR mode as it seemed the best all round but now I wonder! Rather a silly limitation since you could mass produce even HD discs if they are recorded in normal Bluray style!!

Unfortunately, I never used a BD recorder so I don't know how Panasonic makes those.  I just figured if their DVD recorders created multitrack DVD's, their BD recorders would create multitrack BD's.

I'm surprised copying the contents over to a new BD didn't work.

Most likely because that type of recorders still add AACS encryption themselves. As with any BD you CAN copy over the files fine without any extra tool, but they're still encrypted. The same applies to standalone bd recorders, it's still encrypted and needs to be decrypted

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I was going to suggest try using AnyDVD HD to make an ISO of one of these discs.  AnyDVD works for Panasonic DVD recorder discs, even though it detects false positive structural protection on them.  If the Panasonic BD recorder does add any protection to its recordings, AnyDVD HD should remove them for proper playing of the copies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.