Burned Wild Woody to disc and it boots! but there's no music...

lucaswoop

Hello! I was wondering if I could get help with this, for anyone that has used imgburn to burn Sega CD games. I've tried burning Wild Woody, and after trying to burning it at 8x speed (the lowest my drive can burn CDs) it would simply reset my console. I then tried burning it at max speed, and it boots! but now, there's no music in the game, and I can't play any of the game's tracks in the sega cd. I have the log attached. Please help, thank you

Wild Woody burn log.log

2 hours ago, Ch3vr0n said:

Imgburn only burns what you tell it to. It has zero effect on actual playback behavior

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Well yes, I'm pretty sure there is an effect to how you burn them, such as write speed and such, and for older consoles such as the Sega CD it would affect playback

I know on the PS1 (No knowledge of Sega systems.) when I would copy some of my game discs, the resulting copies would boot but play with no music.  So, I think it's just an idiosyncrasy of how these older game discs were made.  With multiple sections for data and audio tracks.

2 hours ago, lucaswoop said:

Well yes, I'm pretty sure there is an effect to how you burn them, such as write speed and such, and for older consoles such as the Sega CD it would affect playback

write speed is exactly that. It only affects how fast the drive burns something resulting in potentially better or worse burn. It again has zero effect on an audio track for example carying audio or not.

8 hours ago, Ch3vr0n said:

write speed is exactly that. It only affects how fast the drive burns something resulting in potentially better or worse burn. It again has zero effect on an audio track for example carying audio or not.

Ah, I see what you mean now. I'll try finding the sweet spot with the burn speed so that it can run best

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.