Impossible - Burns fine but don't reads! :(

Gutossn

Hello people!

I'm Guto from Brazil, it's my first post and I need your help! Please, help me! :D

I will tell what's happened when I burn a DVD...So crazy!

Read:

I'm go to Build Mode, select the folders and files, select the speed (2x), label names, ISO9660 + UDF, etc...

The Burning Process runs fine. When the Burning is finished, the imgburn shows that the DVD is a 'Perfect DVD', so I go to My Computer, and the Driver D: is correct, label ok, I opened and all the files are there, I've tested and the musics works good...

THE PROBLEM:

I close the imgburn, eject the DVD.

I 'wait' a minute...So I put the DVD-R again at DVD-ROM and what's happen? Nothing! The Windows DON'T recognize! So I open the Imgburn and the status bar shows "Incompatible Medium Installed"... :(

THE UNBELIEVABLE:

I put this DVD-R on my Playstation 2 to listen some mp3s...I've got listen all of them! Perfect! :D

Please, I need a solution!

How can I get the files again from DVD to my HD?

What's going on?

Thank You so much. :thumbup:

Guto.

Edited by Gutossn

So the drive that wrote the disc can't read it again?

That's kinda why 'Verify' is so important. It ejects the disc between burn / verify so as to simulate real world usage.

It would have picked up on issues like this.

If your burner can't now read the disc and it's the only drive you have, sorry but you're out of luck.

Find a friend with a drive that can read it.

Oh and as this problem will probably happen again, update your burners firmware and use decent Verbatim (MCC dye) or Taiyo Yuden discs.

So the drive that wrote the disc can't read it again?

That's kinda why 'Verify' is so important. It ejects the disc between burn / verify so as to simulate real world usage.

It would have picked up on issues like this.

If your burner can't now read the disc and it's the only drive you have, sorry but you're out of luck.

Find a friend with a drive that can read it.

Oh and as this problem will probably happen again, update your burners firmware and use decent Verbatim (MCC dye) or Taiyo Yuden discs.

Thanks!

I'll try right now! :thumbup:

Verifying wasn't the magic answer to your problems, I was just saying that if you'd done a burn + verify in the first place then you'd have already known your drive couldn't read back what it just wrote.

You need to ensure the firmware on your burner is up-to-date and that you're using decent quality media - Verbatim (MCC dye) or Taiyo Yuden discs.

Sorry friends! :(

I'll buy good quality medias, to test again!

The Firmware is the last available (1.39)!

My DVD Writter is Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110D!

My PC:

Pentium III 700MHz

192MB Ram

HD 40 GB

It's an Ancient PC! hehehe

Friends, the problem is only when the DVD is read...I don't know why this problem happens! I will reinstall my O.S. and try again!

Bye!

Can you not even load an original disc in the drive and read it?

If not, I'd say your drive is screwed!

If it just won't read discs you've burnt, it's either the media being awful or the drive just not burning them correctly.

Either way, I don't think a reinstall of XP would help in this situation.

Can you not even load an original disc in the drive and read it?

If not, I'd say your drive is screwed!

If it just won't read discs you've burnt, it's either the media being awful or the drive just not burning them correctly.

Either way, I don't think a reinstall of XP would help in this situation.

The DVDs that burnt in others DVD Writters works fine here...And the ONLY works here correctly is the DVD-RW...

I've reinstall the XP and nothing happens...I'll test it on other computer! Last try... :D

The Media must be awful quality. Fuckin' Chinese Piracy...heheheh

Thanks!

I'm using an 800 meg AMD with 768 meg of ram and XP , 1800 burns and alls well,can burn all day ,used a Sony DRU510,a Nec 2500 current an NEC 3500 ,and of course the OPTORITE EXPERIMENT pure crap burner X3 RMA's 3 different problems :whatever:

meseum = Museum

provided by the ImgBurn translation and spelling department :lol:

Let's study the word 'meseum'. In portuguese, the 'place that has old things' is called MUSEU. :P

The word 'meseum' sounds like a 'big table' in portuguese... (mes?o = +/- 'mesaum'). :blink:

heheheeh

OFF-TOPIC! hahahaahha

See ya.

Guto.

"gunna = going to"

provided by the ImgBurn piss taking department =)):whistling:

Surely you mean the ImgBurn Pot calling the Kettle Black department..... :lol:

Clearly an apt title. Well done LFC.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.