How to burn and recombining split iso created with Imageburn

Sportflyer

I used Imageburn to create two ISOs from a DVD disc when I used the split function at 4GB

The output is two ISOs   XX.100 ,  XX.101 and XX.MDS

1)How to burn the ISOs to DVDs ?   Do I just load the XX.MDS and Imageburn will automatically burn the first DVD followed by the request to insert the 2nd DVD? 

2) How to recombine the 2 dvd's  with image burn? 

TKs

Those aren't two ISO's you created.  When you use the split files function, you've created a string of separate files for one image.  It's still a single disc.  But, in order to burn the single disc, load the .MDS file in the Write function.  There's no way to burn each individual part.  And, even if you could, you would not get a viable disc in the end.

1 hour ago, dbminter said:

Those aren't two ISO's you created.  When you use the split files function, you've created a string of separate files for one image.  It's still a single disc.  But, in order to burn the single disc, load the .MDS file in the Write function.  There's no way to burn each individual part.  And, even if you could, you would not get a viable disc in the end.

Are you saying that I really can't burn each of the ISO on separate DVD's ,then recombine them later to make the original single large ISO ?

No, because there's no need.  XX.100 and XX.101 are NOT ISO's.  They are two parts of the SAME ISO.  You don't need to recombine them because the MDS file will combine the two parts into the one ISO you created when you burn the MDS file.

You could write each section of the ISO to a disc if you treat it as a file and not a disc image - i.e. you use Build mode. You can than take both of those discs elsewhere, copy the file off each disc into a folder on your computer and then use the MDS to combine both parts and burn to a double layer disc using Write mode.

I think the OP might be someone who was asking previously about how to image a disc into multiple ISO files for splitting.  And I think, maybe, they think the File Splitting option would do that for them.  Something about a flight simulator disc, I think, if it's the same person.

31 minutes ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

You could write each section of the ISO to a disc if you treat it as a file and not a disc image - i.e. you use Build mode. You can than take both of those discs elsewhere, copy the file off each disc into a folder on your computer and then use the MDS to combine both parts and burn to a double layer disc using Write mode.

Thanks . That was what I was asking about. So theoretically I can say split the original disc into say 10 sub  files + MDs, send it to a friend in several emails as attachments and he can then copy them into one folder and can create the original large ISO using the MDS.

2 minutes ago, dbminter said:

I think the OP might be someone who was asking previously about how to image a disc into multiple ISO files for splitting.  And I think, maybe, they think the File Splitting option would do that for them.  Something about a flight simulator disc, I think, if it's the same person.

3 minutes ago, dbminter said:

Yes I am the same person.

Splitting DVD-9's onto 2 DVD-5' was something I used to do back before they made DVD-9 recordable discs.  I'd take a DVD-9 and image it, with file splitting at the 1 GB mark, and then copy the first 4 parts to one DVD-5 and the remaining parts to the 2nd.

So, your idea to split into parts and e-mailing them is feasible.  The recipient can then collect all the parts and MDS into one folder.  For somewhat technical reasons, the MDS may not work when sent to him.  If it doesn't, he can always use ImgBurn on his end and create a new working MDS from the parts.

55 minutes ago, dbminter said:

Splitting DVD-9's onto 2 DVD-5' was something I used to do back before they made DVD-9 recordable discs.  I'd take a DVD-9 and image it, with file splitting at the 1 GB mark, and then copy the first 4 parts to one DVD-5 and the remaining parts to the 2nd.

So, your idea to split into parts and e-mailing them is feasible.  The recipient can then collect all the parts and MDS into one folder.  For somewhat technical reasons, the MDS may not work when sent to him.  If it doesn't, he can always use ImgBurn on his end and create a new working MDS from the parts.

Thank you .  better to create new working MDS from the parts. 

Here's the technical reason.  I think if you set the option to do so, MDS files are created with exact directory names pointing to the file names.  So, unless those parts are copied into the same directory structure with the same names as in that kind of MDS, the MDS file won't work.  However, I think the default is MDS files are created with just file names, so the MDS file will look in the same directory that the MDS file is located in.

Another workaround for that case is to edit the MDS file, which is just a simple text document, to remove the directory structure names from the file names.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.