Trouble Burning My First Blu-ray Disc

timcat4843

That's not the log.  That's the information that shows up when you first start ImgBurn.  Apparently, if you're getting an invalid image message, you're not even generating a log because no actual operations have been performed.  With an invalid image loaded up, ImgBurn won't proceed to do anything and thereby waste a disc.

Did you make this image or download it from somewhere?  What's the image file name?  It has to end in .ISO, .MDS, or .DVD.  And those last two generally only matter if an image is split up into multiple parts.  My guess is, particularly if you downloaded it from somewhere, the image file is corrupt/incorrect format.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, timcat4843 said:

Got everything setup. So when I clicked the burn icon a message box popped up with this message: "Invalid or unsupported image file format!"

I've included the log.110009066_Capture.JPG1.thumb.JPG.ac6230c6b9923a597ffe9aa45e90d3ba.JPG 

Ok, so I discovered that I needed to create an ISO file prior to burning. So, I did that using Handbrake. Everything went well in the burning process with Imgageburn. My finished disc was verified by Imageburn. However, I tried playing that Blu-ray disc in two different Blu-ray players and it wouldn't play. HELP!!!

As far as I know, Handbrake doesn't create Blu-Ray Video compliant discs.  It creates containers, which is most likely why your Blu-Ray doesn't play.  It doesn't have a BDMV and CERTIFICATE folder in its root.  Just a container file.  Check in File Explorer and see if you just have a single file in the root directory of your BD disc or if you have the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.