Device Not Ready (Unable to Recover TOC)

Doggo_Rockko

Yeterday I installed ImgBurn and wanted to rip some old games to my computers hard drive, but on the bottom left it tells me that "Device Not Ready (Unable to Recover TOC)"

If it's something to do with my disc drive, it's: 

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B07L58GSDF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and if anyone who helps need my log:

I 09:34:32 ImgBurn Version 2.5.8.0 started!
I 09:34:32 Microsoft Windows 8 Core x64 Edition (6.2, Build 9200)
I 09:34:32 Total Physical Memory: 8,225,972 KiB  -  Available: 4,076,396 KiB
I 09:34:32 Initialising SPTI...
I 09:34:32 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 09:34:32 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462D CH00 (E:) (USB 2.0)
I 09:34:32 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

When you say the TOC message appears in the bottom left, I'm not entirely sure where you're talking about.  Does this happen when you try to insert a disc or when you're actually performing a Read operation?  If it's a Read operation, copy and paste the entirety of the failed Read operation log.  And does this happen on all game discs or just this one?  Also what game discs?  PC?  Some kind of proprietary system like a PS2 or XBox?

Never mind, I think I see where you're talking about now.  The bottom left corner of the top window, the main window.  Where certain output messages appear.

So, you're not actually performing a Read operation, just inserting discs.  Do you get this same TOC message on other types of discs?  Non game CD's or DVD's?  If you get the same message repeatedly on other types of discs, I'd blame the slim model drive you got.  Try another different manufactuer's one or buy a half height model and put in it an external enclosure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.