Error during Verification

johnpiggy

Yes, I would also first try some DataLife Plus/AZO discs from Verbatim.  Do NOT get the Life Series you find in stores; they are worse than the RITEK ones!  The DataLife Plus/AZO discs are only found in online stores like Amazon.com.

Or try some genuine high quality Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

Thanks for replying. I've used Sony DVD+R discs in the past and they worked fine. This was the first time I used the DVD-R discs.

I don't know much about disc quality. I've looked for Verbatim discs. I've found one labeled simply as DVD-R or DVD+R. I also found one that said AZO CD-R on it. I don't know what the difference are. Are these the same as the ones you mentioned or are they different?

I haven't used Sony DVD-R in over 10 years, but last time I used them, Sony had stopped making their own higher quality discs and had farmed out to Ritek.

If you found those Verbatim in brick and mortar stores, they're the Life Series, which you must avoid.  AZO is quality stuff, but you said they were CD-R?  CD-R are recordable CD's and probably won't be fit for your purpose here.  (Depends on what you want this DVD to do and how large it is.)  If they are AZO DVD-/+R, give those a try.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.