Nero Discspeed doesn't do quality scans on new HP notebooks

Sizzlechest

I have a bunch of LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40 drives cross-flashed to WH16NS58. Nero Discspeed can do quality scans on DVD and DVD-DL discs with these drives. We moved from desktop computers to HP Elitebooks and now Discspeed no longer seems to offer the quality tab. (Yes, I took out the "Blocked" string in the registry.) There's no way to play with the SATA settings in the BIOS. Other than try another kind of computer, does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround?

Are you using the same WH16NS40's crossflashed to WH16NS58 on these new HP Elitebooks or are you using different drives that came with the HP's?  Those drives in the HP's may have drives that don't support DiscSpeed.

BTW, I've not heard of the WH16NS58.  I have heard of the WH16NS40 and the WH16NS60, but never the NS58.

18 minutes ago, dbminter said:

Are you using the same WH16NS40's crossflashed to WH16NS58 on these new HP Elitebooks or are you using different drives that came with the HP's?  Those drives in the HP's may have drives that don't support DiscSpeed.

BTW, I've not heard of the WH16NS58.  I have heard of the WH16NS40 and the WH16NS60, but never the NS58.

Same drives. I'm beginning to wonder if Windows 10 might be another factor. I'm trying to remember if we upgraded the old PC from Windows 7 or not.

The WH16NS58 is what Primera uses in their duplicators. The WH16NS40 used to be a different drive, but at some point they used the WH16NS58 drive and hobbled the firmware.

EDIT: Okay, I found the problem. The registry entry for Blocked needs SOMETHING in there. It can't be blank. DOH!

Edited by Sizzlechest
Found the problem

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.