Distorted image size

wgander

I'm using DVD Flick to convert video MP4 files for use on a DVD player and it automatically starts ImgBurn to create the DVD. I'm using Win10 and all software is current and up to date.

Some work correctly, some of the videos are squashed on both side and elongated, they don't fill the screen.

I don't know if it's a DVD Flick or ImgBurn problem and what to change. I don't think I've changed any settings on either program.

Does anyone know why some DVDs have the correct, full screen display and others don't?

I'd provide the log but don't know where it is...

It's a DVD Flick problem.  It's known to have issues.  If some have a correct resolution display and some don't, it's down to how DVD Flick authored the video.  ImgBurn has no control over how DVD Video resolution appears on screen.

Thanks for that.

I don't know what to look for in DVD Flick. I made several discs with no problem, then several that were squashed on the sides, then a good one, and now bad ones again. Discs aren't that expensive, but after spending an hour or more waiting for the result...it's frustrating.

It's like when I first started burning DVD's in 2002.  It would take a full hour to burn an entire DVD-R's available space.  And, back then, it was fairly common to get to 99% and THEN fail, wasting 60 minutes!  :rolleyes:  The long processing time is another reason I didn't stick with DVD Flick.  I use ConvertXToDVD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.