Noob Can't Master

MikeInThe901

New IMG Burn user. Seems perfect for what I need. But I'm missing something.

Have a 1-hour MP4 file. I have used ImgBurn Build to create the ISO and mds. Then used ImgBurn Write to write the ISO to a DVD. So far so good. The DVD burn appears to work. But after the verify finishes, I look at the contents of the DVD and the only thing there is the original MP4 file.

What am I missing for making this a mastered DVD, for auto-playing on a DVD player?

I think you're missing the point of what ImgBurn does.  ImgBurn just burns what you feed it.  It does no converting to DVD Video, which is what you appear to want.  It sounds like you're trying to feed ImgBurn an MP4 and expect a DVD to play on a DVD player when you insert it?  This is not what ImgBurn does.  Now, if your DVD player supports playing MP4 container files natively from disc, you can do what you did and play the MP4 from the disc on your DVD player, but that's just playing a container file, not playing a DVD.

If you want a disc that starts playing a DVD when you insert it, you want a DVD Video disc.  You need to first convert the MP4 to VIDEO_TS format output.  I use ConvertXToDVD to do this, but it requires a paid license.  However, it does have, I believe, an uncrippled 7 day free trial with no watermarks or anything like that.  You can then burn an ISO directly made by CXD, take its ISO and burn it with ImgBurn, or have CXD create a VIDEO_TS and you create your own ISO with ImgBurn from the VIDEO_TS.

You're welcome!  Now, there are other freeware utilities that do DVD Video conversion, but I haven't used them in a long time.  And they all had serious drawbacks to the paid for software.  Like taking hours to do what CXD can do in like 20 minutes or really terrible video quality on playback.  So, you could try doing a search for such things if you want to try out a piece of free software.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.