Extracting karaoke from DVD disc

BJtheDJ

I have a karaoke DVD disc which (surprise surpise) contains some karaoke tracks  which I want to
extract to my computer.

I've done with other discs with no problems, using Freemake's program, but this falls over after a
few minutes every time.

I'm hoping that I can use IMGburn to do the job for me.

There are 3.13GB of files on the DVD:
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB

It may be that IMGburn is not the program for me, and if that's so then please accept my apologies
for wasting your time.

Otherwise, please guide me in the direction i which I should be going.

cheers  BJ

Edited by BJtheDJ
punctuation

Thank you for your reply. 

What you say is what I had thought - however this DVD has 260 Elvis karaoke songs on it, but if I try to play any
of the VOB files on my computerl all that happens is that the (presumably) first song in that VOB plays and

there's no access to the others.

What I need is to be able to extract those indivdual songs from the VOBs and play them on my computer.

Of course it may be that IMGburn is not the program for the job and I shall just have to keep hunting for
a program which will carry out what I need.

ImgBurn is not the droids you are looking for.  ImgBurn just burns what you feed it and can create images with what you feed it.

Depending on how this karaoke DVD is authored, it could be a standard DVD Video or a DVD Audio.  If it's a DVD Audio, then the audio is contained in the menus, so you can't effectively extract it.  You can save the VOB's but there's no navigating VOB's files directly except from beginning to end or randomly jumping into points in the file. 

If it's a DVD Video, you could potentially use a piece of free but old software called DVDShrink to save each title to an extracted VOB with IFO.  Freemake should then be able to load the .IFO's, but it's been many years since I last used Freemake Video Converter.  I prefer to use ConvertXToDVD to convert various VOB/IFO extracts to DVD.  I believe Handbrake would also load these VOB/IFO's and offer to save each individual Title to a container like MP4.  IF each song is a Title unto itself, Handbrake can then batch convert the VIDEO_TS contents to individual containers.  However, I believe the maximum number of Titles a DVD can have is 99, so if you have 260 songs on a single DVD, they probably are not individual titles but contained in the menus, which would indicate it's a DVD Audio disc.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.