Confusing write modes

grep

Why doesn't ImgBurn have just "RAW DAO"? There's 3 types of raw write - with extra chicken nuggets, with extra fries or with double dip. Well, not really with all the foodstuffs, but those names mean just as much to me because for the 20 years I have been using CD burning software I haven't ever seen something like 96r, 16 or 96p.

Check out this competing software that does it right, in the second screenshot.

Which mode in ImgBurn is just "RAW DAO"?

Screenshot_win10-nogpu_2021-01-15_09:17:42.png

Screenshot_win10-nogpu_2021-01-15_09:16:17.png

Edited by grep

I suggest you take a 2nd look at the name of the application you're using.

What part of 'InfraRecorder' looks like 'ImgBurn' ?

Getting back to the application this support forum is actually for... ImgBurn... that doesn't offer RAW at all. Your other thread is beginning to make a little more sense now. It seems you have your apps confused.

btw, as an ISO is meant to just be 2048 bytes per sector, you're wasting your time even looking at RAW writing. You don't have any data in the image that would benefit from being written that way.

1 hour ago, LIGHTNING UK! said:

I suggest you take a 2nd look at the name of the application you're using.

What part of 'InfraRecorder' looks like 'ImgBurn' ?

Getting back to the application this support forum is actually for... ImgBurn... that doesn't offer RAW at all. Your other thread is beginning to make a little more sense now. It seems you have your apps confused.

btw, as an ISO is meant to just be 2048 bytes per sector, you're wasting your time even looking at RAW writing. You don't have any data in the image that would benefit from being written that way.

OMG! Sorry, I'm still half asleep.

>btw, as an ISO is meant to just be 2048 bytes per sector, you're wasting your time even looking at RAW writing. You don't have any data in the image that would benefit from being written that way.

Then why would A120 try to do that?

I guess because that's just what it defaults to?

You can't make something from nothing though and 2048 bytes images only contain 'user data'. Nothing that writing in RAW mode would do anything for.

Should you be so inclined, you can look up the structure of a CD sector and see the difference between 2448, 2352 and 2048 byte sectors. 2448 being the same as 2352, but with the added 96 bytes of subchannel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.