How do I made a CD from flac, cue, and log files?

Dave Bee

Hello all, I'm new here.

I'm trying to do something that I thought would be simple. Then when I couldn't, I thought finding an answer would be simple, given all the people out there who do this all the time. Boy was I wrong. I have not found one, straightforward answer on the internet which I cannot believe.
I trying to do something very basic:  for one particular album of songs by a certain band, I have ONE flac file (304 mB) which is ALL of the songs on the album, in one big file.  Then it has its own CUE file, and there's an accompanying LOG file.  Thats IT!!!    I just want to make a CD and have all those 10 or so songs that are glued together in that one big FLAC file, separated into the 10 separate audio tracks on the final CD, which I thought was the job of the CUE sheet - to tell the CD burning software exactly where the spaces are so it can do it.
Here's what I have: 
Band - Album.cue
Band - Album.flac
Band - Album.log

Indeed, that is the job of the CUE file. Open it in notepad and you'll probably see that it contain numerous 'track' entries.

Load the CUE in Write mode and burn.

*That's assuming you have a directshow filter installed that's capable of decoding flac files. If you don't, please refer to the bottom of the Audio CD guide here:

Not entirely sure what the .LOG file is for.  It's probably definitely not standardized Audio CD format.  You'd end up with a Mixed Mode CD adding that .LOG file, so you can probably disregard it.  If you're going to create an Audio CD with FLAC files, you'll need to install madFLAC first before using ImgBurn to create the Audio CD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.