Problem with ISO image.

RobertoSxyz

Hi to all. I am Roberto from Italy.
I am using a Windows OS. I downloaded the SeaToolsBootable software from Seagate. This software allows for verification of errors into the Hard Disk. The Seagate software only creates USB bootable keys and as far as I can see it appears that it can create a Linux type of USB bootable key. Therefore I did use ImgBurn to extract the ISO image from the USB key, then I did try to write the ISO file to a CD-RW disk. It came up with an error that says "unrecognized format".  Why is the Seagate software able to do this trick and ImgBurn is unable to do the same?

On 2/9/2021 at 12:03 PM, LIGHTNING UK! said:

I've already answered your email about this.

Feel free to bring the conversation here instead if you prefer.

Hi there! Thank you for your e-mail. I did post it here because I was not sure I could get an answer by e-mail. Im gBurn was not the problem. The problem was the Seatool USB boot software.  I could loose days to try to transfer the ISO image to a CD disk. The Seatool boot program gave me an error message that was asking me to use a different kernel because my processor was a 32 bit processor and not a 64-bit processor.  (-:   Maybe it is better for me to remove this post.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.